Is Twitch good??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zYetiboy

07-05-2012

I have seen several gameplay footages of Twitch, and I want to get him, but I don't know if he really is good?

TeknoWizard

07-05-2012

He can be very good, however he can be countered if you don't play cautiously. He puts out amazing damage if he can line up more than one champ in his ult, and his stealth mechanics allow him to set up ganks unbeknownst to the enemy. That is, until they start buying pink wards, or even an Oracle's Elixer. Once this happens, you either have to only go places you know they don't have warded, or (and this is could be the best way to get people on the other team to waste money) buy an Oracle's yourself. They will be wasting 125GP per ward, just to have you destroy it. If they buy an Oracle's, just focus them, and make them waste even more money to counter you. Really, the main point of Twitch is to annoy the other team as much as possible. Just always remember that you are always squishier than you think you are.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-05-2012

Good enough.

That said I recommend waiting to buy any champion until you've tried them out during their free week. An occasional blind buy is fine, but it's not something you should make a habit of.

Eyes in the sky

07-05-2012

It depends on your summoner level. Lower level players can easily be caught by twitch and it's an easy kill. However, the smarter players you line up with, the less likely you'll enjoy twitch. By level 30 or in ranked, twitch is often considered a troll pick based on how little he brings to the table. He can occasionally be played okay as a jungler assuming he gets fed very early, but he will still fall off hard late game and get squashed. He's fun, but not someone you would want to use exclusively.

Mango027

07-05-2012

He also makes some champions, Poppy (malaphite, maybe), cry hard, that true damage hurts. Like most champions, its all in how he is used.

Trolosaurus

07-05-2012

He's really good.
But be warned. Biggest glass cannon in the game. You botch it, you lose.

MoreMedz

07-05-2012

Another thing you need to keep in mind with Twitch is that your team needs to know how to work with him. Twitch's stealth can be used both offensively (for ambush and assassination) and defensively (for scouting and information gathering), and this means that Twitch needs to have a lot of mobility and the freedom to roam to fully utilise his stealth.

If he is treated purely like an AD carry or a regular jungler, then he is essentially a gimped champ that falls off late game.

zYetiboy

07-05-2012

Thank you all for this valuable information.

THe only other time I've done a blind buy was with blitzcrank, and now he's one of my favorites!!

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-05-2012

Here's my personal take on blind buys; go ahead and purchase blindly until you find one you don't like. After that, wait five or so champion purchases you found through free weeks before you try again. This ensures a high ratio of champions that you enjoy, while still letting fate take the wheel.

DarkLordNekrus

03-18-2014

I prefer Varus, to be honest. He seems to have a similar playstyle, with great CC if you can land the ult. Not to mention, blight stacks hit like a freaking truck.