Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Does the Community Hate Eve Players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreedark

02-22-2012

So I have gotten bored of playing right click to win heroes and started playing challenging heroes in SR. Lately Ive played a lot of eve, since although not super duper hard is challenging to always have better positioning and timing then someone who right clicks, might pop and ult and a CD and wins.

Every game i jungle since I haven't found a viable strategy for lane farming. I usually end up ganking successfully at level 5-6, ganking mid and top. Not once in my 5-6 games as eve have a fed, failed to jungle well or never ganked. I always have a positive score and always helped casters maximize damage with E and slows with W. I do all the required eve abilities, kite, slow, burst, gank, jungle and farm. Yet every game I am called a noob for playing eve or jungling as eve.

As a player I'm really just baffled by the ignorance of the community towards eve players or eve in general... So why? why are eve players automatically bad, noobs who are dumb and the worst players in LoL history?

1337n00bh4x0r

02-22-2012

I got eve in a champ pack, and only recently actually used her twice. Lost both games, my fault or not. She's extremely underwhelming. Many other champions can gank better, and although her early game has its advantages, her mid-end game falls off hard. She was so good, Riot had a huge influx of low level people who quit the game because of her, so they made sure to nerf her so hard she was no longer a problem. Can you use her? Sure. Just know you're bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Hyosun

02-22-2012

a lot of people are bad at eve, in the same way that the majority of people who pick up kass during free kass week fail miserably

Chingmeister

02-22-2012

Eve with AS runes, health quints, any masteries, dorans item (or cloth pots, or dorans + pots with utility), and hate spike at level 1 can kill or zone almost any other solo top tanky dps. Exhaust/Ignite. Hate spike is 25 magic dps sustained...which is better than almost any other level 1 skill on traditional champs for dueling.

Try solo top with her. Build into Lantern + atmogs. Every time you go into the bushes with your opponent low health it makes them worry. Then you show up mid for a gank!

7thcloud

Recruiter

02-22-2012

what does eve really bring to the team? she has good ganks earlier on the game, but then what? she has all the problems of a shaco w/o the insane clear time and mindgames

Deathcapt

02-22-2012

Yeah, Shaco is just a way better version of EVE. Eve has insane length of stealth, but you only need that if you're a noob, Shaco can do exactly what eve does, but isn't completly shutdown by oracles, or pink wards. He's also a lot more mobile, and is better at escaping.