What Strong Junglers Should I try?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XDarkWizard

02-21-2012

I've already tried skarner, I'm not really that good at him, so I've been thinking about getting a new jungler. I am currently thinking about buying either udyr or shyvana to jungle with. Are these good choices? How are their teamfights? How are their ganks? Jungle times? Are they better early, mid, or late game? Are there any better junglers than these? Pros and cons to each one. It does not matter the IP cost. I'm just hoping for a tanky character that will actually survive until late game, like that udyr who never dies, but still puts out a whole crud load of damage to my team.

What have you jungled with, even in ranked. What has or hasn't worked for you in jungle?

Please excuse any mispellings or grammatical errors.

Thank you for reading.

Hyosun

02-21-2012

I'm a beginning jungler but by no means new to the game.

Currently I'm in love with Shyvana.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qylD...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbWde...eature=related

Teamfights: You soak up damage and apply aoe damage to important targets. She's in your face and difficult to kill, much like Garen back in the day.

Ganks: Before level 6 ganks are a bit difficult unless your opponents are really overextended. That being said, she can stick to an enemy well if she has lizard buff and her damage output is HIGH early game.

Jungle time: She's very fast because of aoe damage from W. Her Q resets auto attack timer so that in itself is an attack speed "buff". After she gets wriggles, using an auto attack + Q gives you 3 chances to proc madreds so she burns through jungle creeps real fast.

Another amazing thing about her is her ablity to counter jungle. With the speed at which you take down the jungle, your mobility, and your ability to farm ( which means you can farm ), you can really screw the other jungler over. The main reason I've picked her up though is her late game. If a team doesn't focus shyv she will apply aoe damage that is not item-dependant. . If they do focus Shyv they're going to find out that she's tanky as **** and the 4 v 5 situation they want is NOT happening. If I die as Shyv I'm happy since that means we usually win a teamfight.

Lee Sin is another good jungler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7vKROkC-rQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4jIS...feature=fvwrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=wPioCaW0EHE

Teamfights: He offers an aoe slow + attack speed debuff that wrecks a lot of champions. A lot of durability + survivability. He can peel, save, or isolate single targets utilizing dragon kick. A good Lee is a blessing in a teamfight.

Ganks: He has really strong ganks because he has 2 ways of gap-closing. He has high damage early game and he can apply a 30% slow at level 2. So Q + E is about 160 dmg + 2-3 auto attacks before they flash out? Yeah it's noice.

Jungle time: He's got no mana costs, aoe damage, and a near-constant 40% attack speed buff. His jungling speed is pretty fast though not the absolute fastest.

He's got very strong ganks and high counter-jungling ability. He's got high sustain in his jungle and has some of the craziest mobility in the game. To give you an idea of how good he is consider that "Lee Sin, free win" was a meme a couple of months back.

He's INCREDIBLY fun to play. I consider the characters in the game that require spell timing and smart-decision making to be very rewarding to play. Lee Sin is probably at the top of this list of characters and how good he seems to you only grows with your skill.

Late game your damage isn't sky-high but it's real high considering you're one tanky mofo. You have the ability to slow multiple targets, debuff them,deal team-wide damage, or single out individuals pretty well. You can also peel for your allies, save their *** in a hundred different ways and have a blast doing it.

and for your viewing pleasure, the good ol' empire nunu ult.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HujPp...eature=related

Atzigan

02-21-2012

Keep practicing Skarner, probably your problem is that you don't steal their blue too often. Skarner is a mana ***** blue dependent. Shyvana is really good. Try warwick although it's hard to gank sometimes. Lee sin if you feel like losing the first few and mastering him.

1337n00bh4x0r

02-21-2012

Since nobodys brought it up, I recently bought Udyr. He's a lot of fun, and there's a big debate with tiger / phoenix and lane / jungle. I'm used to jungling Maokai though, and with Udyr not having a gap closer and so many champs having quick getaways, unless your laner has good gank sense you lose a lot of ganks. Also, don't buy him unless you have movespeed quints first. You'll never catch anything. I would highly recommend Cho'gath or J4, though. Both are very viable, easy to build, and with a little skillshot sense have good ways to quickly be on top of somebody beating faces.

Caletrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Udyr is the way to go mate.

Caletrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337n00bh4x0r View Post
Since nobodys brought it up, I recently bought Udyr. He's a lot of fun, and there's a big debate with tiger / phoenix and lane / jungle. I'm used to jungling Maokai though, and with Udyr not having a gap closer and so many champs having quick getaways, unless your laner has good gank sense you lose a lot of ganks. Also, don't buy him unless you have movespeed quints first. You'll never catch anything. I would highly recommend Cho'gath or J4, though. Both are very viable, easy to build, and with a little skillshot sense have good ways to quickly be on top of somebody beating faces.
I always knew I would find a user exactly like this at some point.

Sandrothefomar

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caletrix View Post
I always knew I would find a user exactly like this at some point.
Meaning?

Caletrix

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrothefomar View Post
Meaning?
1337n00bh4x0r I'm sure we all predicted this to be someones user. Just finding was a bonus for me.

warKitty

02-22-2012

I love yo jungle kayle... the only problem is you can't get red before returning once... her path is strange...

Leash blue, wolves, wraiths, golems, wolves/wraiths and back to town. Then hit red wraiths and blue should be up again. By now you should have life steal and be lvl 4. You can try to gable over pushed lanes with your slow or wait until 6 when you have your ult. Shed much better in team fights tho and her ult posses off heavy spikers ;)