Lane counter to Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xxdeathx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

warwick can trade heal with his gun and get away with it better

Aceroar

02-21-2012

Hard counter is panth. gp really cannot touch him. he is to hard to harass with his sheild and spear throw and it turns very unfavorable for gp.

if your going to use someone like kennen or riven to deal with a solo gp, be very careful. not because they are weak to him, but because in those mu's generally, the first person to get a kill on the other gets the lane advantage.

warwick is also a awesome choice. his built in life steal with a lifesteal ability pretty much makes it useless for gp to harass him at all. but make sure you KNOW how to build a ww against a gp.

if you don't like those choices most ranged ads work well. (vayne does not, her range is to short and her sustain is not enough to deal with gp. You will get owned).

morde and vlad are also decent choices. morde has the sheild for his ability damage, and well.... vlad never loses health if you play him right lol. (vlad is basically a ranged ww, but no auto attack life steal)

zinc0514

02-21-2012

it is hard to deal with GP's Q and i have against with one has critical chances runes....I against him with ad build nidalee. GP is just over me and get me.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Pantheon is THE counter to GP.

Chief Zeno

02-21-2012

there's so many counters

Atzigan

02-22-2012

I haven't had a problem with warwick but the guys who say Pantheon is the hard counter. They are correct. That block ability negates his shot. which is really good. he'll run out of mana and you'll be victorious (Against GP not against Warwick) Warwick's Q doesn't even bother touching that block. Goes straight to the health.

Help I Suck

02-22-2012

Yorick is extremely vicious vs GP. I believe I am a pretty decent GP player and Yorick is always pushing me to my tower.

7thcloud

02-22-2012

hard counters:
1. pantheon: his passive and his shield spell (which auto-procs his passive) is usually too much. also, unlike most champions, panth can go ult for ult with gp
2. renekton: double-dash to ignore the slow, stun to burn his orange, aoe dmg/heal to trade with his parrley
3. malphite: build armor, do more dmg, slow down gp's attack speed. not to mention, gp cannot ult out of malph's ult
4. shen: who doesnt he counter right now
5. riven: so many gap closers, a shield, a stun and passive dmg amplifier

soft counters:
1. rumble: counters most melees top; careful of his burst dmg though. rumble chips away at dmg while gp crits away
2. kennen: counters most melees top
3. cho'gath: too much sustain from passive. an early vest for ga will pretty much halt any hope for gp to get a kill
4. yorick: too much sustain and harass. sooner or later though, gp start bringing this to a stalemate (in addition parrley returns gold on ghouls)

not to play against gp
1. tryndamere: the crit on the parrley means you might die before you ult
2. warwick: not so sure anymore, but gp used to do too much dmg for ww to heal back
3. irelia: you will always be behind
4. akali: curiously enough, her sustain is not enough. and while you may never be killed, you will probably never kill gp either. his parrleys follow and hit into the shroud

Magic CXIII

02-22-2012

irelia max w and win the lane and the game.

pocketherc

02-22-2012

if i'm soloing top in ranked against a gp, i pick riven every time. Cloth 5 pot, and get your first point in your shield, you can shield all his parleys and out trade with him + the cloth 5 pot opener means you'll outsustain him and have a fast wriggles. Another advantage is gp is very mana intensive and well.. riven aint