At what point is the jungle no longer 'mine'?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaidyn

02-20-2012

And what do I do at that point?

I'm trying to be a jungler. I think I do a fairly good job. I buy wards, I gank, I call out movement, and I clear as much as possible. But I'm noticing more and more that people from my own team are invading my jungle. Golems go missing now and then. I base and look up, and blue/red buffs aren't there any more.

I can understand that people on my team feel they can put the buffs to good use. But what is it I'm supposed to do when my jungle has been picked clean? And do I have any right to tell people to stick to their lanes so I can get some gold?

Volzo

02-20-2012

Generally you get the first round of blue and red, afterwards, most of the time the blue will go to someone else, but you keep red. MOST of the time it will go to the AP mid, as it will benefit them more, but generally, you want to control your jungle all game, but focus on team fights in mid and late, it's just that in late game the focus of the jungle is dragon/baron. Generally, other people should not take the non-buff minions, as those are generally always yours, and sure, you can politely call that out to em. People will love you if you give them blue though, Higher elo's or skill levels you can just ping it and the ap mid will come, but right now you can just say it in chat. If they are horrible though, don't.

Haunchbones

02-20-2012

after first or second clear and some gankin, keep focussing on helping your lanes and ya blue goes to whoever it helps the most, red is great for you for the slow but ya, you can really take control of the game pacing and try to get that nexus asap

YokoNomi

02-20-2012

I usually wait until the 20-30 minute mark and grab a buff or monster if I need the benefits from them for whatever reason. start/early though it's pretty much for the jungler imo.

ADGarner

02-20-2012

In general if you're busy ganking a lot your team should take advantage of the gold that's on the table. By the time you return you'll have respawns. If your team takes some thing and it throws you off a touch just let 'em know politely that you're still clearing. Most of the time the jungle as a "lane" disappears once both teams start roaming a lot. It's pretty much a free for all then and everyone should take as much as they can get in all lanes.

IKoDuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volzo View Post
Generally you get the first round of blue and red, afterwards, most of the time the blue will go to someone else, but you keep red. MOST of the time it will go to the AP mid, as it will benefit them more, but generally, you want to control your jungle all game, but focus on team fights in mid and late, it's just that in late game the focus of the jungle is dragon/baron. Generally, other people should not take the non-buff minions, as those are generally always yours, and sure, you can politely call that out to em. People will love you if you give them blue though, Higher elo's or skill levels you can just ping it and the ap mid will come, but right now you can just say it in chat. If they are horrible though, don't.
yeah but they should still ask, i really get annoyed when people just take my buff without asking, i think the jungler should give it away but it should be his choice

Tepin

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duan79 View Post
yeah but they should still ask, i really get annoyed when people just take my buff without asking, i think the jungler should give it away but it should be his choice
You are being a control freak. It's only rude if you are already there fighting and they don't ask. If your blue is up and I'm Ahri mid and the jungler isn't Amumu or Fiddles I'm going to go take it. It doesn't belong to any individual and our team benefits more when it goes to an AP burster so asking when they aren't around is 'walking on eggshells' behavior.

I'm only going to ask when the jungler is already there, and if he refuses and he's not an AP jungler I'll make note of it and just make sure I'm there first next time.

Same thing with Red. I think any AD jungler should get Red most of the time, but if bot lane is doing well and taken a tower and starting to roam it will be more useful on him if he's fed.

Stop thinking about it as your jungle, and your buffs. It's your teams jungle, your teams buffs. It's your job to protect it, to farm it, to secure the buffs for your team, but it isn't your property.

echoheadxx

02-21-2012

Honestly one of the best questions about the meta asked in awhile.

It only really comes up for me when I am miding someone like garagas that can take huge advantage of wraiths. And those honestly respawn fast enough that the jungle doesn't notice most of the time.

1337n00bh4x0r

02-21-2012

I usually tell my team up front what my expectations are. If I'm jungling Maokai, I'll usually take the first round sweep, but then (especially if I'm blue side and my AD carry is bot) I'll call them over to take red every chance they get, and ask that unless mid is really hurting for it, save blue for me. Nets me tons of ganks, helps everybody.

Also, time them in chat. Blue and Red buffs both have 5 min respawns, so you can usually bet (if you start blue) that it'll be back up at ~7:30 or so, maybe 8 if you're slow, and then just type the next timestamp into chat when you kill either of them.

xkEEfx

02-21-2012

You should call the buffs you want to keep. Usually red and steal enemy blue if you need it or know they do. Keep it warded and on a timer for easy ganks and control there. After you focus on an early dragon. then just control/ward dragon and baron. coordinate attacks or defense of baron.

gank, gank gank. counter enemy jungler by messing up his route through camps and buffs to get ganks himself. Even whipping out his golems early hurts his purse and might even cause arguments among their team if he wrongfully accuses them of stealing.

Don't steal CS from top lane or down their towers without them! You gank and leave or help push without last hitting. You get enough from them in the way of champion kills. Make sure your solo lane isnt losing CS by being pushed up against his own turret. Dragon is right there near your bot lane gank. You want to help keep your 1 man lane off his tower so he can get CS but NOT over extend so the lane is in position for your ganks. It's a tug of war game and don't be afraid to tell your him your helping him STAY in a good position. they panic when your not there and over push after your ganks.

Edit: Remember if you just stole Red buff from their camp and yours is going to be up soon. Call it out for someone worthy on your team to grab it. You know their jungler is going to come looking for your red if you take his. You might as well take it off the map and have two red buffs going on your team. Especially if your top lane is struggling for