Lane counter to Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

02-21-2012

Okay, I'm not yet a level 30, so don't yell *too* much at me for this. But I seem to have a lot of trouble against Gangplank. It seems that whenever I'm in a lane against him, I'm always zoned against my turret. I was just wondering what I good counter against him would be.

Tiki Turtle

02-21-2012

Pantheon; fancy spear throw for harass and block parrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrleys

Boondoxxed

02-21-2012

ashe also counters gp pretty hard. you'll take some parley shots, but gp is easy to kite and ashe is the kiting queen.

Intsikandy

02-21-2012

Anyone with the ability to kite, outsustain him, and negate damage should be able to counter or go toe to toe with Gangplank. Ideal choices would be anyone with inate sustain and harass powers like Irelia and Nasus who can build against him with minimal effort and sustain through his harass and exchange equally with him. Having multiple CC through your jungler or high damage output can amplify your chances of beating him too, such as having lee sin or trundle who can gank him perfectly by debuffing him constantly or putting out the harass, or anyone like xin zhao with persistent CC, knockups, and innate sustain. If you want the perfect counter to Gangplank however, would be Pantheon, Riven, Lee Sin and Tryndamere, who can all stick to Gangplank throughout the laning phase and exchange with him either equally or beating him. You can also negate his damage with armor runes, defensive masteries, ninja tabis, Wriggle's Lantern, and just turn the favor away from him and try to outfarm him and harass. If you want a strong champ with no real counter and are strong farmers and harassers with innate sustain and durability, your best bet would be Kennen or Rumble, they can pretty much stand even with any champion.

JukeYou

02-21-2012

poppy built right can sustain against his harass, but loses in pushing power.

singed wins 5 and on (flip + poison, run, flip + poison again... ult ignite for kill.) with ninja tabi and sapphire crystal/catalyst

pantheon spears gp, auto attacks creeps, blocks parrley, spear gp again, pushes to tower, poke with spear, eventually just dive him.

irelia get level 5, 7, 9 for levels on w. fight him. heal more than he heals.

DarkJuggalo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Yorick gg

Dr Nevermind

02-21-2012

I would say anyone able to harass with range, such as Ez, Cait, Kog Maw, etc. You really just don't want to let him auto attack you, his Parley does some good damage but its his only ranged attack. If he can't follow it up with a few swings at you he usually can't pick up the kill.

Atzigan

02-21-2012

I've laned against a few GP's lately. It's all about practice really. I've been using Lanewick starting with a doran's ring and my Q ability. He shoots I Q at him he shots I Q at him by the time he's done with all his mana I'm all over the lane killing him.

Atzigan

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo View Post
Yorick gg
He's being reworked, gg at him lol. He's got crazy sustain but once you get enough ap defense early game he's as easy as any champ.

ChivesMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Nidalee > gp no matter what. Have fun.