overlay map

**** yeah 10 34.48%
no, too clunky 15 51.72%
what map? there's a map?! 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

map overlay?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IFTrixieLulamoon

02-21-2012

so, i was thinking, the little minimap at the bottom right is quite tiring to glance at every 3-5 seconds. i propose there be a way to do something like this

http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/...ablo_2_map.jpg

that game did it well, it wasn't overbearing and provided necessary information. thoughts?

it's not warcraft 3, no reason to copy the ui to a T.

Fleshpenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

in diablo 2 you don't need to be looking at the map constantly, in league you will. it would be extremely intrusive to have a translucent map over the field in this game, in diablo you can toggle it during safer periods
simply wouldnt work for this game

PhoDaKids

02-21-2012

what the 2nd post said, would be pretty bad to be caught "pants down" looking at the minimap. Besides, wouldnt it be easier to just glance to your left rather then have to press a button to watch something? It's not that hard to look at the minimap anyways,,,

RyanTheLeach

03-19-2012

I love this idea and wish it gained more followers.

Morlandros

03-19-2012

It's a great idea so long as it's (1) translucent and (2) on a toggle. I'd love to have one.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

I think it would be fairly annoying to have on there. I'm fine with the mini map... It's not a hassle to glance there every now and then. It takes almost no effort.

JudgeRetribution

03-27-2012

Just like in SC2 learning to be aware of your minimap is a critical skill to learn. I don't think revamping the system is the answer.

IFTrixieLulamoon

04-23-2012

well if anyone here has ever PvP'd in diablo 2 you need to seamlessly watch the map and your screen at the same time. my eyes are trained for this from years of doing it and i just think it would save me a lot of glancing.

Zed Zul Zor

05-20-2013

I would like it to show up when I press tab instead of that item window overlay. I found this thread because I was just thinking the same thing and searched to see if anyone else knew of a way to do it.