Suspended 3 days because of my faith

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeBonkers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

They don't tell you what you're banned for?

Diagnosis

02-21-2012

^ nope. You have to go through the Summoner Code and take a wild guess.

boykisser

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbrok View Post
How is saying "God bless' shoving anything down anyone's throat? This is like saying Merry Christmas at Christmastime... oh wait, I forgot, the politically correct term is now "Happy Holidays".

People say to get a thick skin to being called gay, etc. in games, but can't tolerate "God bless".

Wow, just wow.
Because in this world there are many different gods and religions. How would a die hard christian feel if he was in a game with a Muslim who spat out something similar?

Don't lie and say you would accept it to try and prove a point.

whitemilk

02-21-2012

Pretty good troll thread. 8/10

PsiNorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerol View Post
While I'd like to believe you that you didn't do anything more than say GB, or make a simple few mistakes. I cannot believe you because of your faith.

If you're naive enough to believe that your religion is right, and others are wrong, and then you are placing it in a place that others must read it, then you're forcing it upon them and you deserve the report. I understand that its a rough way to view things but in a world full of religious freedoms, I have the choice of being free from having to deal with yours.

I'm not trying to be a **** here, but I'm aware that I am but this is the world keep your comments to yourself about religion and you will be fine. If however you were banned for something else, I'm sure it will be seen too by the "almighty" above. Since you know he fixes everything else.
I'm not a believer myself, and I find comments like this ludicrous and they only make Atheism seem like an intolerant religion itself. You're still allowed to spout your religion of non-belief, as well as your weakness to perceived pressure (even though other weak-willed types such as yourself would protest that you're forcing your unbelief upon them).

If someone saying "God bless" feels to you that their religion is being "forced upon" you, I suggest you don't watch late-night/early morning TV; you'd be swamped with the numbers of Thigh Masters and juicers arriving at your door.

Painful Dream

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemilk View Post
Pretty good troll thread. 8/10
this

Option Paralysis

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykisser View Post
Because in this world there are many different gods and religion. How would a die hard christian feel is he was in a game with a Muslim who spat out something similar?

Don't lie and say you would accept it to try and prove a point.
Anyone who isn't a complete ass has religious tolerance. I'm an atheist. Doesn't mean I get butthurt about people mentioning anything from their religion. Including "God bless" or "Praise Allah". Grow up.

pubkrunk

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbrok View Post
How is saying "God bless' shoving anything down anyone's throat? This is like saying Merry Christmas at Christmastime... oh wait, I forgot, the politically correct term is now "Happy Holidays".

People say to get a thick skin to being called gay, etc. in games, but can't tolerate "God bless".

Wow, just wow.
If you seriously consider Christmas as a religious holiday in its current form, there is something wrong with you. People are just silly if they take offense over Merry Christmas.

BiggerFish

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflator View Post
They don't tell you what you're banned for?
Nope, its a "take your best guess at what you did wrong" sort of thing.

Reminds me of a girl I once dated. "If you don't know what you did then I'm not going to tell you"

CrookedBeard

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Jawa View Post
First, I know this is going to get hazed but I think its fair I share this with the community.

I came home from work to realize that when I logged onto my LoL I have been banned for 3 days, via tribunal. When I went to my email I was told it was from recieving reports of "Offensive language". Now I know for a fact that something is amiss because I have never sworn in League of Legends. What I do say is HF GB before every game. People ask what the GB stands for and I say God Bless. Several times (probably around 20) I have been told that I would be reported for saying that. Thinking they are trolling, I just mute them and move on with my game. Obviously I have been getting reported for this simple, kind gesture. I realize that a large majority of people dont share my faith but I honestly do not think it is fair that I get reported on a friendly saying I am telling people. Im not QQing about getting suspended, I just wanted to see this brought to the community/Riot to shed some light on the issue.
Thank you and have an awesome day.

EDIT: In response of those saying "Riot would never do this" I agree.. but since I am level 26 Riot never saw my case. Only my peers aka Tribunal

EDIT2: In response of those demanding Pendragon to come in here, please do. I welcome pendragon to come in here and make this more clear for me. I know I never swore in game but if Pendragon shows me something else that would merit a 3 day suspension, I will take the punishment and learn from my mistake.
There was a similar post to this yesterday in that you are a pre 30 and not sure why you got banned. The same suspension type as well (3 days). These are typically given by the leave buster system. Because of your level and games played you likely have more leaves/afks in games than what is allowed. Remember the only games leaves/afks dont count in are custom games. That means even if it was a Co-op vs ai you can get busted for it.