Suspended 3 days because of my faith

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demerol

Recruiter

02-21-2012

While I'd like to believe you that you didn't do anything more than say GB, or make a simple few mistakes. I cannot believe you because of your faith.

If you're naive enough to believe that your religion is right, and others are wrong, and then you are placing it in a place that others must read it, then you're forcing it upon them and you deserve the report. I understand that its a rough way to view things but in a world full of religious freedoms, I have the choice of being free from having to deal with yours.

I'm not trying to be a **** here, but I'm aware that I am but this is the world keep your comments to yourself about religion and you will be fine. If however you were banned for something else, I'm sure it will be seen too by the "almighty" above. Since you know he fixes everything else.

Kagome Higurashi

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListYourGrocery View Post
Just like you have the right of freedom of religion, we have the right of ridiculing stupid bull****.
Your words and lack of tolerance speak of stupidity of the purest kind

Koota

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-21-2012

bump for pendragon response

Cruel Nightmare

02-21-2012

Honestly this should be be not be considered offensive at all. Perfect example of why the tribunal is flawed.

Ryften

02-21-2012

I'm an atheist, but reporting someone for saying "God Bless" is messed up. Bookmarking and upvoting in hopes of pendragon.

lmplication

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubkrunk View Post
In the context of Islam, the belief of Muslims, it is a name.
There people who speak Arabic that are not Muslims. They still have a word for god, and it is Allah. Just like we have words for things we don't necessarily agree with. And nice rebuttal about the other languages. There are many more that you don't even realize exist that have common, non-proper noun names for god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narina Laurel View Post
To be informal, there are so many people who get butthurt at any opposition to their religion because nowadays, being Christian isn't the default religion. You can get reported for whatever, sure. You can then be reviewed by the tribunal, sure. You are then reviewed finally by an employee. If through all of that it was just for "god bless" I would be extremely surprised and baffled.

But I am having difficulty concluding an alternate reason for starting a post (instead of just appealing it normally) on "I was banned for saying god bless" with 0 proof besides to cause drama. Can you?
I never implied Christianity is the "default" religion. There are close to 7 billion people on this earth and many of them believe in many different things. It is ignorant to assume someone is a certain religion due to their race, gender, place of birth, etc. And things do get past the tribunal process. Say the Rioter simply looks and sees X punish votes to Y pardon votes, sees that X>Y, presses his version of a punish button, and there you have it. It could happen. I don't know for sure either way, but what exactly makes this not plausible?

To address your second paragraph, perhaps the OP thought he would get attention from a Rioter more quickly if he did both and/or posted on the forums alone. Maybe he wanted to get the attention of rioters who don't specifically only address appeals, etc. You'd have to ask him. It seems to me that you want this to be a "drama" thread and cannot see any other viewpoints besides your own as you even said yourself. I don't think that was the OP's intent, but to each his own.

boykisser

02-21-2012

Gay player threads = Herp derp no one cares about your sexuality. Just play the game and stay quiet.
Religious threads = Herp derp he has the right to say god bless and shove his religion down everyone's throat.

Sounds legit.

Option Paralysis

02-21-2012

Wow...this is crazy. I'm an atheist, and the way some of you are acting is just....atrocious. You nay-saying atheists are the ones who give us a bad name. The point of being an atheist is following your own personal opinion about religion, not to bash others for their beliefs. In that respect, you are no different from the religious people that try to shove their beliefs down your throat. Hope you enjoy being obnoxious and hypocritical, because that's exactly what you are. My mom is a devout Christian, and says God bless to me all the time, but I don't go "stfu mom quit pushing your beliefs on me, u r ghey".

.....sad human beings.

Christian Jawa

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykisser View Post
Gay player threads = Herp derp no one cares about your sexuality. Just play the game and stay quiet.
Religious threads = Herp derp he has the right to say god bless and shove his religion down everyone's throat.

Sounds legit.
Its actually the complete opposite. Im getting way less tolerance then a homosexual post.

lmplication

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerol View Post
While I'd like to believe you that you didn't do anything more than say GB, or make a simple few mistakes. I cannot believe you because of your faith.

If you're naive enough to believe that your religion is right, and others are wrong, and then you are placing it in a place that others must read it, then you're forcing it upon them and you deserve the report. I understand that its a rough way to view things but in a world full of religious freedoms, I have the choice of being free from having to deal with yours.

I'm not trying to be a **** here, but I'm aware that I am but this is the world keep your comments to yourself about religion and you will be fine. If however you were banned for something else, I'm sure it will be seen too by the "almighty" above. Since you know he fixes everything else.
Your name is Demerol, and you are sarcastically addressing the OP's religion (why doesn't god fix everything herp derp) as well as using quotation marks to further imply sarcasm and argumentative speech. If anyone is childish or naive, I think it's you.