Suspended 3 days because of my faith

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amnizu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-21-2012

pretty sure for the times you did not clear it up ppl thought it was 'get better' and took ti as offensive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lmplication

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welkowitz View Post
And how do you suppose the OP concluded he was banned for his "faith" from a generic email with no details?
Because he observed people saying that they would report him for it and claims to have good manners ( no swearing, no berating teammates, etc) in game. Trolls will report you and tell you they plan to for next to nothing. This isn't a surprise.

However, if he isn't lying, why else would they report him? If he is, that's another story.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damir SLaughter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesuiko View Post
Wow.. the lack of tolerance for religion in this thread is disgusting.
Just like you have the right of freedom of religion, we have the right of ridiculing stupid bull****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pubkrunk

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex666 View Post
You're wrong. Allah is used in Arabic and other languages (Indonesian just to name one) as the word for god. Allah is the word for god, not his name. That would be like you saying a human being's name is human being, and not their actual name.
In the context of Islam, the belief of Muslims, it is a name.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narina Laurel

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex666 View Post
You can get reported for anything. A lot of people in the tribunal just do auto-punish. Therefore, if you get punished by someone who doesn't bother to read and just clicks punish, you will get banned even if the person reporting you was trolling and you did nothing wrong.



Tin foil hat? Wait till a Rioter comes and clears the air. Until then, why would someone level a summoner to 26 with "Christian" in his name just to start a thread that you think is a troll thread? Very unlikely.
To be informal, there are so many people who get butthurt at any opposition to their religion because nowadays, being Christian isn't the default religion. You can get reported for whatever, sure. You can then be reviewed by the tribunal, sure. You are then reviewed finally by an employee. If through all of that it was just for "god bless" I would be extremely surprised and baffled.

But I am having difficulty concluding an alternate reason for starting a post (instead of just appealing it normally) on "I was banned for saying god bless" with 0 proof besides to cause drama. Can you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christian Jawa

Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welkowitz View Post
And how do you suppose the OP concluded he was banned for his "faith" from a generic email with no details?
Read my OP and it will answer your question


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunkelheitt

Senior Member

02-21-2012

I doubt that that had anything to do with your suspension.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ohno21212

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListYourGrocery View Post
Just like you have the right of freedom of religion, we have the right of ridiculing stupid bull****.
as well as the right to look like an jerk


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faceplow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Bookmarked this. There's something about OP's getting donkey punched by Pendragon that makes me get a tingling sensation and has me changing my pants.

I shall return.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painful Dream

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by J˙nnx View Post
i HIGHLY doubt that riot would waste their time suspending someone for saying god bless.
You are right, but not in the way that you would hope. Riot does not review normal cases, only perma-ban cases.