Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling with Shen on TT, Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Concentration

07-27-2010

I'm trying to get my Shen to jungle on TT with smite, starting from level 1 on the top right/left neutral monsters.

Would this be a viable strategy? Or is Shen just too slow at Jungling effectively which makes it so that he would fall behind in levels?

As for build, I'm starting off with a doran blade + a red pot, then depending on the other team I build tank items accordingly, so not a hybrid or DPS, just tank.

mr share

07-27-2010

shouldn't you be with your team in a 3 man roaming gank fest? that seems like that's how TT is played.

DarkenDragon

07-27-2010

jungling at all on TT is utter fail, TT is all about harassing early, theres no where for them to run, and if your allies are getting harassed, you gotta help them out, jungling is completly out of the question

i've seen teammates jungle on that map and not once have I seen it done well, very rarly that team wins

TT and SR are totally different game play and should be treated differently as well

MysteryLordddddd

Master Recruiter

07-27-2010

I only Jungle on TT when we have 2 squishy Champs (e.i. Teemo + Fiddle) facing 2~3 pretty durable champs (e.i. Mundo + Sion), and one on my team can handle a 1v2. The level advantage help a lot, since in a team fight, you're teammates are soooo squishy they probably won't last 2 secs, so the level and gold can hopefully let them survive enough to kill 1~2 and Shen will be able to finish the job.

opt1x

07-27-2010

DarkennDragon made the exact point I was going to make, but I was too lazy to reply at the time. But since it already has been mentioned, I will elaborate.

Jungling really isn't viable on TT. Like he said, TT is all about harassing early, whether you're bouncing around in lanes or 3-man ganking. Plus, all good teams will have lizard/dragon warded at all times, not to mention other places. So jungling really doesn't work well, unless the jungler is VERY good and smart.

SoFFacet

07-27-2010

Traditional jungling, as in having 1 person jungle while the others lane and gain increased experience, doesn't often happen on TT. Clearing a jungle camp as a team as you're wandering the forests with your squad? That happens.