I'm trying to enjoy Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iProbie

02-21-2012

that,my friend, is solo queue

hue

Tyhan

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
Sure, but how is that exclusive to Dominion? How many times have you absolutely crushed your lane in Summoner's Rift and still lost? Happens all the time there too. It's the drawback of playing team-based games with random people on the internet.
A few games of it happening every now and then is no problem, it's the sheer streak of this that is ruining it.

Nekrogen

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
A few games of it happening every now and then is no problem, it's the sheer streak of this that is ruining it.
Everyone gets the "solo queue baddies blues" from time to time, even us high elo players. Sauron is the only exception because he can be everywhere and anywhere, but the rest of us have to tryhard and perform like 2 players in 1 :P

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

This is precisely why champions with great mobility rule the map.

If your bot is suddenly getting ganked/just flat out being owned, Ramsus/Pantheon/Kassadin/TF (Though I've rarely seen a good TF) can get there almost instantly and to a lesser extent players like Blitz/Poppy/other champions with movement abilities.

It's why I go Pantheon if my only goal is to win (Trying to get first win of the day, being an ELO *****). I keep my eye on bot all game and the second something starts going bad, I ult down and help. That, or I go gank bot and then have Ult to fall back on if windmill suddenly gets attacked.

Ppvkignx

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Hold on, let me check what I wrote.....
...yeah, no. No, I didn't say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Kassadin was a free week soloing (and losing) bot lane because Xin was afk.
He wasn't AFK?

Was the deal breaker just that it took 40mins to lose a 4v5? I sincerely cannot understand why that would cause you to stop playing SR.

Nekrogen

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppvkignx View Post
He wasn't AFK?

Was the deal breaker just that it took 40mins to lose a 4v5? I sincerely cannot understand why that would cause you to stop playing SR.
That was just an example. This happens more often than we want it to in SR, so we switched to Dominion where the air is cleaner and the grass is greener.

AstraeusRasgriz

02-21-2012

I stopped playing SR because I found that fighting players was a hell of a lot more interesting than timing my auto attacks to last hit creeps for 20 minutes.

Oh, and it's almost impossible to dig yourself a hole the way it is in SR. No matter how bad things get, you can generally always turn it around if your team just wasn't fighting the right way for the first 10-15 minutes. While some people might believe that if you've been losing for 10 minutes, you shouldn't come back, I'm under the notion that if you can lose for 10 minutes, and then somehow start winning for 15 afterward, 15 > 10.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppvkignx View Post
He wasn't AFK?

Honestly, I'm a little taken aback. First of all, why do you care why I stopped playing SR? What possible difference could it make?

Second, was my original post that convoluted? I was having a supremely one-sided game yet could not pull out a win because of an afk teammate and two teammates who didn't know how to play their champs. Would I have been able to win on Dominion in that circumstance? Absolutely not. Would the loss have taken a quarter of the time on Dominion? Definitely.

I don't mind if people go afk or don't know how to play their champs. I don't particularly enjoy it, either, but it happens. That said, I have an incredibly limited amount of time in which I can play this game. As a result, I don't want to put myself in a situation where I could end up burning 40+ minutes on a game. Especially if the play from my teammates is enough to neutralize a huge personal lead.

Rebonack

02-21-2012

There are always going to be some games that you just can't carry through your own play alone. Sometimes you have to step it up and start giving out orders to pull a crumbling team together and yank victory from the jaws of defeat!

Or sometimes you just lose. Can't win 'em all.

Though as an aside.

If you're stomping face bot you're going to get farmed as hell.

Switch with someone else late game and head top. Use your extra thousands of gold worth of gear to just face-roll everyone on the enemy team =D

Denambren

02-21-2012

If you can find two other good players and queue as three man, your wins will rise much quicker. Three man is just low enough to get you paired against solos/duos and lessen the queue times, and is the most economic option you can make if your focus is winning games with shorter wait times. There is currently no better abuse of the lack of queued player control (no solo/duo queue or 5 man ranked limitation) than three man, which is why you will see the top guys like Sauron, MMKH, Nekrogen, etc running three mans frequently.