I'm trying to enjoy Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyhan

02-21-2012

But after literally 20 some games in a row of

I go bottom and even if I can force them to have 2 bot 70% of the time my team can't hold windmill.

or

I go top and we constantly have to have 2 or 3 bot just to stop one guy so we can never hold windmill.

It is really hard.

Risemix

02-21-2012

This is the same problem I'm having when trying to carry dominion.

Basoosh

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
But after literally 20 some games in a row of

I go bottom and even if I can force them to have 2 bot 70% of the time my team can't hold windmill.

or

I go top and we constantly have to have 2 or 3 bot just to stop one guy so we can never hold windmill.

It is really hard.
Sure, but how is that exclusive to Dominion? How many times have you absolutely crushed your lane in Summoner's Rift and still lost? Happens all the time there too. It's the drawback of playing team-based games with random people on the internet.

Nekrogen

02-21-2012

Basoosh is correct.

As long as you continue to be a huge influence in games, you will eventually beat the odds and move up in the elo chain. You are just as likely to get competent players as the enemy team is.

Argodis

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
Sure, but how is that exclusive to Dominion? How many times have you absolutely crushed your lane in Summoner's Rift and still lost? Happens all the time there too. It's the drawback of playing team-based games with random people on the internet.
Crushing your lane with some champs on SR means you can potentially carry the game even if your lanes fed. Team fights are all in one place so you can cover the shortcomings of allies. You can't be everywhere at once on Dominion and you definitely aren't winning a 4v5 on Dominion even if you got fed early.

As for OP, that's just bad luck. Nothing you can do other than pick champs that can win 1v2s or completely crush the enemy bot.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

I remember, very clearly, the moment I decided that I wasn't going back to SR. I was playing Cait mid against a Shaco who had no idea what he was doing. by twenty minutes, I had, at least 10 kills and was five levels ahead of anyone else in the match. The only thing that was stopping me from marching down mid was the fact that the enemy Tristana was smart enough to reinforce during Shaco's respawn timers.

We still lost the match.

Kassadin was a free week soloing (and losing) bot lane because Xin was afk.

Poppy did her best to keep top lane even, but whoever else was on our team was another free week.

At around the 40 minute mark, when I realized that there was no way I could carry two collapsing lanes despite being so far ahead and that, as a result, I had just wasted nearly an hour of my time, I said my goodbyes to Summoner's Rift.

tl;dr: No, you may not be able to carry a game of Dominion, but I see no difference between that and SR. Other than the fact that a Dominion loss only ends up wasting around 15-20 minutes of your day.

Ppvkignx

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
I remember, very clearly, the moment I decided that I wasn't going back to SR. I was playing Cait mid against a Shaco who had no idea what he was doing. by twenty minutes, I had, at least 10 kills and was five levels ahead of anyone else in the match. The only thing that was stopping me from marching down mid was the fact that the enemy Tristana was smart enough to reinforce during Shaco's respawn timers.

We still lost the match.

Kassadin was a free week soloing (and losing) bot lane because Xin was afk.

Poppy did her best to keep top lane even, but whoever else was on our team was another free week.

At around the 40 minute mark, when I realized that there was no way I could carry two collapsing lanes despite being so far ahead and that, as a result, I had just wasted nearly an hour of my time, I said my goodbyes to Summoner's Rift.

tl;dr: No, you may not be able to carry a game of Dominion, but I see no difference between that and SR. Other than the fact that a Dominion loss only ends up wasting around 15-20 minutes of your day.
You stopped playing SR because you lost a game due to an AFK.

Seriously?

AbsolutePK

02-21-2012

I'm too heavy to carry.

Should I stop playing for a while so people can actually win?

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

I stopped playing SR because I despise last hitting and creep score being a giant factor in the outcome of a game.

ActionButlerGO

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppvkignx View Post
You stopped playing SR because you lost a game due to an AFK.

Seriously?
Hold on, let me check what I wrote.....

...yeah, no. No, I didn't say that.