Soraka Dominion Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemurialol

02-21-2012

Hello everyone. I only need to buy i believe 15 or so champs left in the game. Yesterday, i bought Annie and Soraka, 2 champs i never thought i would play.

I did fine with annie as tibbers is just crazy. Timing her stun right can be devastating too. I need help on playing soraka though.

This is my build for soraka i was thinking might work..

Mercury Treads

Spirit Visage

Glacial Shroud

Wits End

Aegis of the Legion

Mercury treads so it would be tougher to gank you on bottom, and seeing as though most bots are AP the MR would help. Spirit visage for the extra healing from health spawns and your heal. Glacial shroud for more spam on your "Q" and armor. Aegis of the legion to give you a balance of both and that extra hp combined with spirit visage to make your armor and MR be "bulkier" in terms of how much each point of health is giving because of your defenses.

Wit's end? why wits end? Your Q brings down your enemies magic resistance and it stacks. Wit's End does 42 extra magic dmg per hit and gives you MR. Seems like a good option to me.

I am currently in 1600 ELO (not AMAZING but certainly not bad either) if anyone wanted to know.

Thank you. Been playing for around 5 months now.

Volandum

02-21-2012

Thornmail, where appropriate, does a ton more damage than wit's end. I'd just go odyn's or FON if you want magic resist.

Not a fan of RoA or Rylai's? Healing is nice but so is bulk and Soraka has decent AP scaling.

Lemurialol

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Thornmail, where appropriate, does a ton more damage than wit's end. I'd just go odyn's or FON if you want magic resist.

Not a fan of RoA or Rylai's? Healing is nice but so is bulk and Soraka has decent AP scaling.
Well i do use RoA and Rylais on alot of champs, i havn't played soraka though and i thought being tanky with some magic autoattack would work nice do to her debuff.

Still trying out many other champs i hardly play as well.

Nidalee (ad or ap)
Sivir
Miss Fortune
Amumu
orianna
renekton
taric

don't see these champs alot on dominion at all. Sivir seems like she could be a great bot as well as orianna. Taric for bruiser or tanky ap? Renekton... idk i never liked him lol. Miss fortune is fast and she can farm well. Ap amumu is just crazy good. Nidalee havnt rly tried.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

02-21-2012

Go bottom with her.

Don't get Wit's End.

Abyssal Scepter is a good choice considering the way her Q works.

Wota is a pretty good item.

Build tanky.

Volandum

02-21-2012

Go bottom with her against the right people. She beats a lot of physical melee and pushes pretty hard. Up top she can be built very tanky, draws attention, does lots of damage and supports your mages and damage dealers (remember the heal has a 125 armour buff) and silences poppy, rammus and similar.

Soraka's autoattack is weak, wouldn't bother with it.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

When I run her bot I start p.ring+boots or Cata, then build rylia's for ganks (slow + silence + hp is huge), hextech sweeper for lane control (no more hiding in bushes ever, no stealth escapes ever, cdr), frozen heart for the armor & cdr. Build out Odyn's if you started cata. The order of those depends on who you're laning against. I run 21/9/0 or 9/21/0 on her with cdr blues, so hextech sweeper + FH = 40% cdr.

Cdr gives you more damage and healing than ap until you max it, so don't just try ap first. hextech + p.ring or rylia's + cata is enough ap to push as fast as you need to.

Isysar

02-21-2012

Nearly without exception:

Go bottom

Catalyst --> RoA
Ionian Boots
Frozen Heart
Abyssal Scepter
WotA
Thornmail or QSS based on who you're laning against.

Get the RoA as soon as you can, then CDR, then WotA. Sometimes you need to build other stuff first, but with that build, she's very strong bottom.

The One Soraka

02-21-2012

The recent soraka nerfs were made with no consideration to how borked she would now be on dominion, or in any normal SR solo top/mid situation. Just don't bother playing soraka unless it's to be attached to the crotch of some other champion, providing mana and HP slurpies the whole match.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Soraka View Post
The recent soraka nerfs were made with no consideration to how borked she would now be on dominion, or in any normal SR solo top/mid situation. Just don't bother playing soraka unless it's to be attached to the crotch of some other champion, providing mana and HP slurpies the whole match.
What? Level 3 Q & level 1 W are cheaper now to cast and so you'd want to be using all your Es offensively anyway. By the time you'd get to the point where the new spells are more expensive, you have plenty of mana from the FH or Odyn's. If you run out after that, just push the lane a bit, B, and come back in plenty of time to Q any minions that might have built up.

crujuco

02-21-2012

Soraka is good top or bottom. Build for Resistances and CDR. I use masteries 9/21/0 and a defensive runes.

A few tips

- For boots get either Mercs or Tabi, best to get normal boots then upgrade to see how the enemy team is building

- Spirit Visage is the only thing I buy every singe game. Most games I will also build a Frozen Heart, between these to items you have over 25% CDR

- Thornmail is very good on soraka, the longer you can stay alive and 'q' the more damage thornmail will put out.

- Heal is a very good summoner spell on her aswell. If you have all your heals up (inc summoner heal) you should be able to hold a point against 3 defenders fairly well.

- WoTA is an item you should try to get as it helps you sustain very well. If you get melted to quick try for Rylias starting with giant belt to give you more effective health.

Hope some of that helps.

PS if you get a team that stacks 1 type of damage and you build accordingly you will do very well.