Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone want to critique my gameplay?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

02-21-2012

I just recorded an "okay" game with Ahri. I'm still learning how to play her though, just keep in mind that I miss skillshots like...a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrp2iBtSgrI

This is where I kind of contributed to the game. I'm not as concerned about kills as much as defending bases and protecting my team whenever possible.

I would love to hear feedback on how to improve on Dominion, since I'm playing almost exclusively on Dominion.

Xoax

02-21-2012

I've never played ahri, but I'll watch it. Brb! :P

Xoax

02-21-2012

Wow nice gameplay. You did pretty good. Just a few mistakes such as at one point dying on the tower vs 3 after minions toook it. I woulda ran. Unless team was coming I guess. :/ idk add me if ya want. Xoax

Basoosh

02-21-2012

All in my opinion, so grain of salt and all that:

• If you go mid at the start of a game, I'd use the speed shrine afterwards. It conceals your position from the enemy team, perhaps gets you to the windmill faster, and gives you a speed advantage for the first couple seconds of the Windmill fight.
  • I've never found Flash necessary on Dominion Ahri, but your mileage may vary. Smart positioning combined with her ultimate should be enough to keep you alive, I think.
  • When idle waiting for teammates to respawn, stand in the fog of war rather than in plain sight. Your opponents won't know if you've recalled or if you're just waiting. Some may not have even noticed you stepped off the map and won't know where you are.
  • At 4:08, no reason to be that far up. You guys have 3 nodes, and they only have 1. Retreat to the jungle so that you can react to their next move. You and Trynd dying here should have cost your team Windmill control, just your opposition was too brainless and slow to capitalize on it and stood around afterwards.
  • At 5:11, you walked through the little bit of global vision instead of going around the top side of the pillar where there is none. You can go from your spawn point to just about anywhere on the map without giving up your position, so use it! It may not have made much of a difference in this scenario, but against better players it will. Especially when you are attempting to gank bottom lane.
  • At 5:40, there is a really long stretch of time where you do not allocate your skill point for leveling up. And you go through several fights without using it. If you can't find time to click the point in, use the CTRL shortcut to allocate the point. So much of your strength as a caster comes from skill levels, you don't want to make a habit of forgetting about these! (Happens again later on as well - you have 2 skill points stacked up at one point in time).
  • At 9:03, why not leave that health relic for Trynd?
  • I'd drop the GP10 items from your build, especially Philosopher's Stone. You don't need Philo sustain for Dominion. GP10 items can work on SR, but Dominion is just too fast for them to be effective. If you sell the GP10 item, you will break even on gold at about 13 minutes (exact break even time varies per item due to their base costs). If you don't sell the GP10 items, you will break even at about 26 minutes. That's not worth weakening your individual strength for the vast majority of the game. I would only ever purchase these items if I were already intending to buy something they upgrade into.

Cyndikate

02-21-2012

Ah, thanks for the feedback.

The GP5 Items were just an experiment, since we get insane amounts of gold on Dominion, I thought adding GP5s along would help a lot. It did, but not that much. So I'm going to drop it.

vNaK

02-21-2012

I main Ahri, but pretty much what Basoosh said is right on. To add some things I noticed:

Only use your ult if you know you will either A) get the kill 100% or B) as an escape from death. Ahri without her ult makes her very vulnerable. I tend not to use it unless I meet these two criterias.

A few times you get too close to the enemy. Make space between you and the enemy. Utilize Ahri's spell range. Try to stay as far away distance as possible. If you are too close, you can get hit by stuns, knockback, etc, and may be focused on.

You should upgrade your boots sooner. Ahri is already slow as is and every bit of movement speed helps her, plus magic pen will give her extra damage.

No need to have 2 or more people capping one turret at the same time. If you find you are capping and your teammate comes and caps it too, just leave and go heal/help your other allies. I usually end up with the lowest points on my team, but I'm always mobile and assisting teammates.

As for summoner spells, Ahri does not like to be immobilized, so I like to run cleanse/ghost on Ahri. I found these two to be the most effective on her. With cleanse, you will be able to dodge any stun/taunts on you then ult away to safety. I can't tell you how many times cleanse has saved me from ganks or deaths. Ghost is just good all around plus its an extra escape mechanism when your ult is down. Flash is not that great in Dominion, as almost everyone has some sort of gap closing skill. And ignite = getting close to enemies to use, which is not what you want to do, so not a good spell on Ahri.

I'm not sure if this was going to be in your build or not, but I find Rylai to be very good on Ahri. She becomes a kiting monster with it. Just cast fox-fire and watch it slow everyone trying to go after you. Plus it makes it easier for you to aim your skill shot spells.

AbsolutePK

02-21-2012

Only noticed a couple things.

Not using Fog of War very much.
Lots of missed skill shots, but that's normal.
Do not cap standing on top of somebody else.
If there's lots of creeps, Orb of Deception them. Around 7:03 there were tons of creeps you could heave easily used a couple of abilities on and ran away, taking on a full hp maokai and 20% wukong with no ult avail on you or Tryn.
Rammus with just boots of mobility and Ionic spark... wat?
Use all charges of ulti. ~10:23 you probably could have finished that cap before rammus got there if you had used the remaining 2 charges on your ult.

Don't want to go into full critique mode because I probably wouldn't have played much better.