How to play ezreal :(?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
AP Ezreal may be able to do something at range 55 minutes into the game. At which point the game is over.

Thanks for proving my point.
I... I... What is with you? I'm giving you a chance to debate honestly and fairly, and you're just throwing everything I've said in my face with repeated insults and the same things over again "melee range zomg, lategame omg" even when they're not related to anything I was talking about at time.

I give up. Congrats. You've successfully trolled me out of this thread. Kudos to you.

Carados

02-22-2012

So, again, Ezreal does nothing without getting into Melee at any point during a reasonable game. His ratios are mediocre, short range, and situational. To actually do something, he needs to use his E for damage, which makes him very vulnerable. Like I said. A total of .9 AP burst isn't good, since you argue, he's a burst champion.

You're proving my point. Stop misleading new players. Stop trolling.

If you're counting non-burst damage, compare it to a build that's actually good. If you're not, why are you counting it?

Hint. Hint.

Accession

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

AP Ezreal is flat out terrible. Like someone said earlier: it's a worse AP Tristana. You can play him if you want, but just about any champion will do better.

thenewattacker

02-24-2012

getting back to the original post,one of the reason you could be dying is because you are initiating a team fight with him.because ezreal is so fragile,if you initiate a team fight with him,you will probably die.instead of initiating,stay in the back and keep on firing your skill shots.when you think the enemies are weaken enough,then go into the front lines.

also another reason you might are dying is because you did not inflict fear into them.if you make them fear you,then they wont be so aggressive.the first way to inflict fear is to keep on harassing you enemies early on in the game making them think you are more powerful.the second way and the most easiest way is to just kill them.just manage to kill the opponent 2-3 times without dying and they will fear you.

the last reason you might be dying is because you are not buying health items.im not telling you to get lots of health items but your basic health is never enough.get at least one health item so you wont look so fragile.

if you arent doing enough damage,if is probably because that you arent getting attack speed items.you may think it is stupid to put attack speed on ezreal but you cant always rely on your mystic shot to do all the damage.

OptimisticC

02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewattacker View Post
getting back to the original post,one of the reason you could be dying is because you are initiating a team fight with him.because ezreal is so fragile,if you initiate a team fight with him,you will probably die.instead of initiating,stay in the back and keep on firing your skill shots.when you think the enemies are weaken enough,then go into the front lines.

also another reason you might are dying is because you did not inflict fear into them.if you make them fear you,then they wont be so aggressive.the first way to inflict fear is to keep on harassing you enemies early on in the game making them think you are more powerful.the second way and the most easiest way is to just kill them.just manage to kill the opponent 2-3 times without dying and they will fear you.

the last reason you might be dying is because you are not buying health items.im not telling you to get lots of health items but your basic health is never enough.get at least one health item so you wont look so fragile.

if you arent doing enough damage,if is probably because that you arent getting attack speed items.you may think it is stupid to put attack speed on ezreal but you cant always rely on your mystic shot to do all the damage.
Generally, carry items like IE + Phantom Dancer are prioritized over survivability. Get rolling ASAP, become a little harder to be killed later on. Banshee's Viel, Frozen Mallet are good choices IMO.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

02-29-2012

AP ez, at one time i've managed to get 3x archangel, 1x lichbane, 1x ionian, 1x hextech... full build

getting hit by his Q(which is on a 1 second) cooldown sends a squishy back to base, getting hit with W after that is already a kill... Ez will be spamming those Q's before any teamfight... and with each and everyone hurting for 1.2k of damage per hit Q, the damage really stacks up. Who said anything about coming into melee?

So AP ez, full built? extremely high burst, and high ranged spammable nuke. Getting there is the problem. Between lichbane and his first AP item, he's going to be doing little damage. From there on out he's going to hurt for everyone. needing 8k gold to start doing the damage everyone else was doing at that point, is the part that's not viable (8k gold before his damage starts increasing beyond his base stats)

JSpalding

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

One big tip I could say for either ap or ad is make sure your ult hits more than one champion during the time of a teamfight. Perfect aim spots are normally on the ramps to go to river. Don't ever be in between your team and their team. If the ult and possibly a w hits sever of their members, they will be hatin' life.

Crownd Jester

03-04-2012

After playing AP Ezreal for more than 15 level, this guy needs more control than AD Ezreal.
If the player cannot control Ez properly, then just go AD.
When you try to use E, you don't use it in the beginning of a team fight, you use it to end a noob who is all alone or running away with no help. But if it's a round with no with no minions, just use it.
Ezreal's E can reduce a champion like Lux, Twitch's health to half IF YOU USE IT AS A LAST HIT OR ON A RUN AWAY.
Q is useless for an AP Ez at the later team-fights because its 20% or 30% for his AP.
In all, each side of the Ez builds have their good points and bad points.
It just matters on how good your controlling him.

CallMeTaste

03-12-2012

Pssst, the thread kinda went off topic.

Anyways, my mindset going into teamfights is target the closest target, put pressure on that tank to stay back. HOLD ON TO YOUR E as the teamfight progresses. As your team collapses and bruisers and tank lines start mixing, watch for the enemy bruiser/tank to break away for you! This is usually a death sentence for any AD, same goes for Ezreal. Luckily you still have your E to instantly reposition. If your team is doing anything correctly, the bruiser/tank should have used a lot of HP and taken CC. Watch for the enemy AD/AP to overextend. If possible, if you notice the enemy squishes overextended, throw damage their way. HOLD ON TO YOUR E. Seriously, positioning means a lot in teamfights. Last thing you want is E into the middle of their team with no escape! For this reason, its also good to bring Flash, for again, instant repositioning.

1 v 1 can be a little tricky. Generally, you never want to fight a bruiser alone. They will melt your HP faster than you can melt all of theirs.
When fighting an AD carry, hopefully you have leveled W at least once. Depending on the champ you are facing, use your E only AFTER the enemy commits. This is important. You can then shift to reset your AA timer, come from an angle they wouldn't expect to dodge skillshots, and just confuse them (ie shifting into a nearby brush to have them facecheck in the middle of the fight). Try to stack your passive as fast as possible. Those extra AAs from the +50% make a huge difference (and hopefully your opponent has at least -20% AS on top of that).
Make sure you know the potential of that AP carry. Be extremely weary if they have a charm or a stun or a hard CC of that sort. Be wary of their burst also. Fortunately, Ezreal has a scary burst combo, so if the AP lacks a strong burst/stun, Ezreal can melt their face in kind. If possible, also hold your E until the AP is commited. Jumping around, coming from unexpected angles can really confuse an opponent and ensure you come out ahead.

General ideas of how to play ezreal .