How to play ezreal :(?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
If you're relying on his Q, W, and R, AP Ezreal is a bad AD Ezreal.

Meanwhile, AD Ezreal does far better sustained damage,

Carry vs. Mage. An argument for another topic. Moving on.

can poke better, and a thousand things.

You tellin' me that a lichbane-charged Q is gonna poke less? And even if it doesn't, it still comes close, and while that Q is on CD, W and R are there for maximum poking power. Also, are you saying AD Ezreal should be relegated to poking with just Q? Clarify, because since you don't know anything about playing AP Ezreal, it's rather unsurprising you're showing some of it with AD Ezreal.

There's a difference between an Annie using everything on a ulting Alistar and a Trist autoattacking an ulting Alistar. One has something to do after they autoattack, the other one is useless.

Carry vs. Mage again. Again, how is this relevant?

You can't take targets by what's safe to hit as a nuker.

Then classify mages as UP and move on to bruisers and carries. No sense in crying.

AP Ezreal is about the burst. If you can't burst, you're just a bad AD Ezreal. AP Ezreal's burst is just so insanely narrow and specific it's not a good pick.

High skill-cap champion. Again, if you're worried about accuracy, then Ezreal is not for you. (again with the carry vs. mage thing, what's up with that?)

Here's a hint: Why do you never see AP Ezreal at top level play if it's viable?

Not gonna say this again, but I'm not disputing his viability. I'm only pointing out the flaw in your original post about how AP Ezreal is played, and then you shoot off in this tangent about whether he's viable or not and how he compares to AD Ezreal (though I've honestly never understood why this is a recurring debate - we're comparing a mage to a carry, why not against other mages?) I've said this repeatedly in my earlier posts and do not know why you're still like this.
dot dot dot

Carados

02-22-2012

"Carry vs Mage" doesn't mean anything. You don't understand this game at a basic level. Please don't mislead new players.

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidorr the Great View Post
I have this nasty habit of sounding way more confrontational than usual when I'm tired. Sorry about that :/ Honestly I might just delete that post once I'm back on a regular computer, that was pretty bad, even for me.

To put it in far fewer and much less *****y words, Ezreal is awesome, and very fun to play no matter what. I just think that as far as competitive play is concerned, he just doesn't fill the AP caster role well enough to be worth it, whereas he can absolutely dominate in the AD role when built and played well.

And yeah, I know you weren't talking to me. Honestly, I meant to just pitch in my two cents, and that pile of angry, regurgitated drivel is what came out. Apologies
No prob, man. Your opinion is yours and I respect that. I just don't appreciate it when people start bashing others for it. But you didn't mean it, and that's alright with me.

All's good, brah.

Edit - I find Carados' burning desire to downvote everything by me, even this post, as extremely hilarious. Hehehe

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
"Carry vs Mage" doesn't mean anything. You don't understand this game at a basic level. Please don't mislead new players.
What I'm talking about is you're continually bringing up a comparison of sustained versus burst damage, which is kinda how AD and AP Ezreal stands, but can be applied to any other champion, like if you're comparing Annie to Ashe. So because of that, the whole thing is kinda redundant and irrelevant. ;p

Carados

02-22-2012

So, your plan in this situation is to wait for the game to go on 55 minutes then be useful? IE: The point where Lichbane would be good on him?

My point is being proven.

You need to do **** early on AP Nukers.

And you can't read if you think I'm comparing Annie to Ashe. You are.

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
So, your plan in this situation is to wait for the game to go on 55 minutes then be useful? IE: The point where Lichbane would be good on him?

My point is being proven.

You need to do **** early on AP Nukers.

He can't? His W, and R are perfectly fine nukes and his Q simply makes his spell rotation much faster (up there with Ryze, IMO, but just below) while his E grants a ton of mobility and kiting power. Honestly, I feel AP Ezreal's damage is perfect where they are. Mana costs could be better, though.

And you can't read if you think I'm comparing Annie to Ashe. You are.

Never said that, I was using an example of the carry vs. mage comparison you had going. XD
siiiiiiigh, this guy. So much hostility for a thread. @.@

Carados

02-22-2012

Yes. his .2 ap ratio nuke, and his single other with non-notable damage and scaling means he's great early game.

Mage still doesn't mean anything. Welcome to LoL.

If you do sustained with AP, or what you call "poking," you're far worse then AD Ezreal. If you jump in, you're dead. AP Ezreal is ****.

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
Yes. his .2 ap ratio nuke, and his single other with non-notable damage and scaling means he's great early game.

Again I say this, AGAIN, Q is there to make his spell rotation much faster. Makes that ult a 60 second ult, that W a 5 second spell, and E a 7 second spell. As opposed to having +4-5 extra seconds. But really, I don't need Q that much, since I conserve mana and focus on last hitting.

Mage still doesn't mean anything. Welcome to LoL.

ok
dot dot dotty dot

dat ninja edit

Quote:

If you do sustained with AP, or what you call "poking," you're far worse then AD Ezreal. If you jump in, you're dead. AP Ezreal is ****.
It's.... Burst... Buuurst.... Because AP Ezreal is.... A mage..... Maaaaaage..... But to be honest, his sustained damage is pretty **** high for a mage.

And E takes skill, so practice a lot and you can manage.

Carados

02-22-2012

So, his "rotation" is Q, then W. Then wait until you W again, while doing terrible damage with your Q? Okay. Great champion.

Stop trolling.

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
So, his "rotation" is Q, then W. Then wait until you W again, while doing terrible damage with your Q? Okay. Great champion.

Stop trolling.
Q, then W? o.O Then W's CD doesn't get reduced by using Q after.... Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.