How to play ezreal :(?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bidorr the Great

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticC View Post
What the hell? It wasn't directed at you...
I have this nasty habit of sounding way more confrontational than usual when I'm tired. Sorry about that :/ Honestly I might just delete that post once I'm back on a regular computer, that was pretty bad, even for me.

To put it in far fewer and much less *****y words, Ezreal is awesome, and very fun to play no matter what. I just think that as far as competitive play is concerned, he just doesn't fill the AP caster role well enough to be worth it, whereas he can absolutely dominate in the AD role when built and played well.

And yeah, I know you weren't talking to me. Honestly, I meant to just pitch in my two cents, and that pile of angry, regurgitated drivel is what came out. Apologies :)

Carados

02-22-2012

AP Ezreal is a terrible gimmick if you can't use his burst.

Using his burst to his fullest requires you jump in melee range so your E will hit them.

Then it just becomes a bad gimmick.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

i like ap EZ because 1v1 he can take down most people. and in team fights he is more useful because both his w and r does damage to multiple targets and you dont have to e into a team fight. if you are a dumb ez then yes you will die. dont e at people that can kill you and choose your fight carefully. If you cant adapt to the playstyle then dont play him but you should not talk trash about something that works.

With ap ez just get a deathfire grasp and then you can burst alot more better. you could e into a fight pop deathfire then spam your abilities. 2 things will happen. you will kill them or they will run and you out range them. gg they die either way. and you still have your ult just in case they blow flash or ghost trying to run.

anyway just my 2 cents. i play Ez bot ad and ap depending on what we need

zhengsta

02-22-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-ezreal-185565

Here's my guide on ezreal if you want to take a look. It might help you understand the setup for playing him AD bot.

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
AP Ezreal is a terrible gimmick if you can't use his burst.

Using his burst to his fullest requires you jump in melee range so your E will hit them.

Then it just becomes a bad gimmick.
I'm sorry, but how is 750 range on that arrow melee range? Even Cait's AA isn't that long... And since the blink itself is 475, that's an effective 1225 range on that E.

And, like I said, play AP Ezreal before making judgements. If you're gonna trash AP Ezreal, at least play it first because assumptions are stupid and makes you stupid when you're talking to somebody who can see through you.

Anyways, AP Ezreal doesn't have to E in everytime at melee range, his W is a perfectly fine nuke with a relatively short CD (much shorter with Q's). Don't make me bring that R into this. See, he's generally best played like a poke champion (picture Ziggs - staying out of range, poking with his spells, reserving that satchel charge for either nuke or escape)

But even if you're trying to include E in your burst rotation in order to burst a squishy down, it really depends on what kind of champ you're going after. If the target's ranged, I just E in there, usually a little closer than normal to increase accuracy. Melee, I "strafe", or E to the side, but staying about 700~ range away from the target, so I stay within optimal range to throw more spells AND far enough to kite the target with a 700~ distance lead.

Notice how I know all of this because I played AP Ezreal extensively and created my judgements. I have neither said AP Ezreal is viable nor have I said he is unviable, but I'm simply pointing out the glaring error in your assessment. Please read carefully next time.

Carados

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticC View Post
I'm sorry, but how is 750 range on that arrow melee range? .
Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit
Still 750 range.

It's a skillshot for a reason. If you cannot judge to the best of your ability to the right time and place to use that E, then Ezreal is not for you. :P

Carados

02-22-2012

You're missing the point. If you can't burst on a squishy, you are useless as AP Ezreal. You need it to target the target you need it to target. That means, either you NEVER DO ANYTHING because you can't get into port range close enough to do anything, OR you jump into the enemy team and don't have an escape.

Having your primary damage in your burst skill be your escape isn't that great.

It's not a matter of "your bad at finding your opening," it's more of "this opening is so specific for you to do anything the fight will be over by the time the conditions are right."

AP Ezreal has such a narrow window when his burst is more effective then any other choice for almost no utility returns or extra damage, he's not a good pick.

OptimisticC

02-22-2012

Quote:
You're missing the point. If you can't burst on a squishy, you are useless as AP Ezreal. You need it to target the target you need it to target. That means, either you NEVER DO ANYTHING because you can't get into port range close enough to do anything, OR you jump into the enemy team and don't have an escape.

Having your primary damage in your burst skill be your escape isn't that great.
His W, Q, and R are there for a reason. They're long ranged spells, which enables Ezreal to be a strong poke champion. And even if that AD carry was utilizing godly positioning, and if Ezreal can't hit him, very few other mages can. (900 range on W, 1k range on Q, global on ult? Makes sense that Annie, Morganna, and Cass can do better) Usually though, he's pretty godly during teamfights since he can burst down teams with his ult and W. All you're doing is creating a situation where AP Ezreal would have a hard time, when other mages obviously have their individual weaknesses in different situations. You're just trashing him for the sake of looking good. Really, point out his true weaknesses. Please.

E? As his primary damage? No. It never was. It's simply a flexible spell in how it's used. It can be used as an escape, juking spell, and gapcloser with a nuke attached, so if you manage to position yourself correctly, you're in a better position AND nuked the other guy hard. That's part of AP Ezreal's rep as a tough champion to play. :P

Carados

02-22-2012

If you're relying on his Q, W, and R, AP Ezreal is a bad AD Ezreal.

Meanwhile, AD Ezreal does far better sustained damage, can poke better, and a thousand things.

There's a difference between an Annie using everything on a ulting Alistar and a Trist autoattacking an ulting Alistar. One has something to do after they autoattack, the other one is useless.

You can't take targets by what's safe to hit as a nuker.

AP Ezreal is about the burst. If you can't burst, you're just a bad AD Ezreal. AP Ezreal's burst is just so insanely narrow and specific it's not a good pick.

Here's a hint: Why do you never see AP Ezreal at top level play if it's viable?

123456 ... 7