Mutual Surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Visualcode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2010

This is a horrible idea because honestly a team wouldn't let the other quit. If I spent 10 minutes in a game and two of your players rage-quit, I wouldn't say, "Meh, no biggie, 10 minutes wasted, but for YOU I will drop the win ." Players might use the option once or twice, but once they see it happen over and over, they are going to be JUST as tired of leavers on the opposite team as they are currently with them on their own team. It would just cause even more games to be disrupted.

Plus, this would have to be agreed upon by 5/5 on the opposing team, otherwise players would just be extremely upset that their team-mates cost them a win.

All Day Anime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2010

This is the butter to my bread. With an 80% vote, a draw/remake/etc could work nicely. How about at the 15-minute mark?

Kingske

09-06-2010

sounds great on paper, will NEVER happen

RodrigoMallmann

09-08-2010

GREAT idea, but a draw option wouldn't be better?

eatyo

09-08-2010

If you do decide to thiunk about this, only allow a mutual surrender within the first 15 mins IMO, after 15 mins its complete warfar and can no longer have the option....

DyslexicMelon

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillette Series View Post
so a Draw option

how will that show up on stats?
just have a tie part in between wins and lose. it will have less rageing happen. and maybe less people would quit the game

Maximilou

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leksu View Post
I am very sorry to ruin the 1337 views on this thread, but I had to see the updated posts

Edit: Oh, forgot views didn't count if you already had seen the thread once.

On topic:

Many wouldn't agree to a mutual surrender when one on the other team leaves, instead of getting an easy win.
Therefor I think that they should do the same as in DotA, where the leavers gold is split amongst the remaining 4 players. In this way it would be easier to withstand 4v5. Also in DotA, the gold per 5 sec (or how much it is) is increased for the team with a leaver.
Best idea in this thread. DotA had a lot of good features and that was definitely one of them.

The Dynasty

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilou View Post
Best idea in this thread. DotA had a lot of good features and that was definitely one of them.
thats not gonna work out too well... if a player leaves then his whole team will have an increase in gold/sec.. if the team now turtles and prolongs the game. the player can then return to the team and the team will now have 5 players with more gold then they should have.
the only reason why DotA does that is because you cant rejoin after you leave or are dc'ed for any reason.
LoL creators obviously already looked at this and made it so a player can rejoin the match if there happens to be an issue with his connection/computer.

I love my rice

02-15-2011

+1 bump this for riot games to see

Maximilou

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
thats not gonna work out too well... if a player leaves then his whole team will have an increase in gold/sec.. if the team now turtles and prolongs the game. the player can then return to the team and the team will now have 5 players with more gold then they should have.
the only reason why DotA does that is because you cant rejoin after you leave or are dc'ed for any reason.
LoL creators obviously already looked at this and made it so a player can rejoin the match if there happens to be an issue with his connection/computer.
The way they should do it is give the disconnected player 5 or so minutes to connect to the game again if it happened to be a disconnect .... If not then the gold would go to the rest of the team.

If it takes more than 5 minutes for that person to reconnect it's too late at that point anyways imo.