Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mutual Surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThrashingBoy

08-06-2010

People are going to want the easy win over the good sportsmanship I think. I would personally vote for a draw if the enemy team lost a player within the first 5 mins but I don't think many others would actually do it. Players out there generally are not very good sports, I mean, look at all the trash talk that happens every other game, can't tell you how many times I have seen the word noob thrown around just because myself or someone else made a simple mistake or had a bad game.

Pwning U Noobs

08-06-2010

How would you factor in IP/XP gained for this? Is it 0?

Ninjuri

08-08-2010

how about you can only do it after 25 minutes, like surrendering, and both teams get the same ip/xp which will be in between a win and a lose

Dancing Cow

Recruiter

08-08-2010

I think having imbalanced teams should severely lower the IP/XP gained for winning. Because of this, players would be more inclined to accept a draw and recieve a low flat amount of IP/XP (30-50) if there are early leavers. A draw should only be able to be offered after 3-4 minutes, otherwise I'm sure people would come up with a way to exploit this system and farm IP and XP. With the queuing time, champion selection, synchronization, and this delay, the amount of IP/XP earned from a draw would be proportional to the IP/XP earned from a full-length game.

After the 30 minute mark, a draw could be called for games that are taking way too long to finish. However unlikely this is to occur, the amount of IP/XP gained would depend on your KDR.

The imbalanced teams debuff would only apply to leavers within the first 10 minutes of the game due to the fact that a ragequitter should not lessen the other team's IP/XP gain.

I'm sure riot could put something together with all of the great suggestions in this thread.

Memerto

08-08-2010

agree

illzlli

08-09-2010

Quote:
AppreticeOfDeath:
How would you factor in IP/XP gained for this? Is it 0?

It has to be either a severely reduced ip/xp gain or no gain at all. Otherwise, the system will be abused, especially if the surrender/draw option was available 5 minutes into the game rather than 25 minutes as it is now.

Kaye

08-09-2010

'Vote to remake.'

Nhan Fiction

08-09-2010

Quote:
Ninjuri:
how about you can only do it after 25 minutes, like surrendering, and both teams get the same ip/xp which will be in between a win and a lose

This is a reasonable compromise for the IP/XP issue.

Leksu

08-10-2010

I am very sorry to ruin the 1337 views on this thread, but I had to see the updated posts

Edit: Oh, forgot views didn't count if you already had seen the thread once.

On topic:

Many wouldn't agree to a mutual surrender when one on the other team leaves, instead of getting an easy win.
Therefor I think that they should do the same as in DotA, where the leavers gold is split amongst the remaining 4 players. In this way it would be easier to withstand 4v5. Also in DotA, the gold per 5 sec (or how much it is) is increased for the team with a leaver.

MUFFINSSS

08-30-2010

omfg this is such a good idea