Mutual Surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThrashingBoy

08-06-2010

People are going to want the easy win over the good sportsmanship I think. I would personally vote for a draw if the enemy team lost a player within the first 5 mins but I don't think many others would actually do it. Players out there generally are not very good sports, I mean, look at all the trash talk that happens every other game, can't tell you how many times I have seen the word noob thrown around just because myself or someone else made a simple mistake or had a bad game.

Pwning U Noobs

08-06-2010

How would you factor in IP/XP gained for this? Is it 0?

Ninjuri

08-08-2010

how about you can only do it after 25 minutes, like surrendering, and both teams get the same ip/xp which will be in between a win and a lose

Dancing Cow

08-08-2010

I think having imbalanced teams should severely lower the IP/XP gained for winning. Because of this, players would be more inclined to accept a draw and recieve a low flat amount of IP/XP (30-50) if there are early leavers. A draw should only be able to be offered after 3-4 minutes, otherwise I'm sure people would come up with a way to exploit this system and farm IP and XP. With the queuing time, champion selection, synchronization, and this delay, the amount of IP/XP earned from a draw would be proportional to the IP/XP earned from a full-length game.

After the 30 minute mark, a draw could be called for games that are taking way too long to finish. However unlikely this is to occur, the amount of IP/XP gained would depend on your KDR.

The imbalanced teams debuff would only apply to leavers within the first 10 minutes of the game due to the fact that a ragequitter should not lessen the other team's IP/XP gain.

I'm sure riot could put something together with all of the great suggestions in this thread.

Memerto

08-08-2010

agree

illzlli

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppreticeOfDeath View Post
How would you factor in IP/XP gained for this? Is it 0?
It has to be either a severely reduced ip/xp gain or no gain at all. Otherwise, the system will be abused, especially if the surrender/draw option was available 5 minutes into the game rather than 25 minutes as it is now.

a schadenfreude

08-09-2010

'Vote to remake.'

Nhan Fiction

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjuri View Post
how about you can only do it after 25 minutes, like surrendering, and both teams get the same ip/xp which will be in between a win and a lose
This is a reasonable compromise for the IP/XP issue.

Leksu

08-10-2010

I am very sorry to ruin the 1337 views on this thread, but I had to see the updated posts

Edit: Oh, forgot views didn't count if you already had seen the thread once.

On topic:

Many wouldn't agree to a mutual surrender when one on the other team leaves, instead of getting an easy win.
Therefor I think that they should do the same as in DotA, where the leavers gold is split amongst the remaining 4 players. In this way it would be easier to withstand 4v5. Also in DotA, the gold per 5 sec (or how much it is) is increased for the team with a leaver.

MUFFINSSS

08-30-2010

omfg this is such a good idea