Blitzcrank starting item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xoax

02-20-2012

It used to be tear of goddess and boots, but then 1) it doesn't matter if I get to Windmill first, (boots + Blitz W) and I don't really need tear right away because of super high cooldowns.
So, what should I start with? Usually, with my friends, I go more tanky cdr blitz than dps.

Any suggestions? Or even the full build? :0

Cauldrath

02-20-2012

Personally, I like starting Phage so that when I grab them, I can be sure they're thoroughly screwed.

nukular power

02-20-2012

Catalyst. Then just ignore it while you build Triforce/etc and turn it into an Odyn's Veil once you get that stuff done. The passive is great and the HP gives you a buffer for your armor to not be totally useless.

I personally do catalyst->CDR boots->Frozen Heart->triforce->odyns veil->whatever cuz the game will be over by now

MMKH

02-20-2012

I always like to start with Tear, and try to get that right away so I can spam all my skills and start with about 50 extra mana upon leaving the fountain. Then when around 400 extra mana I upgrade to Manamune, and complement that with Phantom Dancers and Nashors/Youmuus for lots of DPS. I really like Blitz's passive and you can pretty much get the shield up every time you need it.

Panwar

02-20-2012

I start Tear and boots. It's just too good. It gives mana for skills, mana for shield, builds into manamune, starts building tons of mana for late game, and you get boots too.

0shi

02-21-2012

Boots, mana crystal, health crystal, pots.

Geryth

02-21-2012

It really depends on the kind of Blitz you want to play. A solid build will usually revolve around blitz getting tear and upgrading to manamune, because it just syncs so well with his kit.

Paths I build when starting with tear normally look like (I'd say 7/10 times level 2 boots are Ionian though to max CDR with runes / masteries / boots / glacial shroud):

Tear, boots, glacial shroud, level 2 boots, manamune, sheen, triforce then situational

Or

Tear, boots, glacial shroud, level 2 boots, wit's end, manamune, sheen

I've also been successful with:

Catalyst, boots, rod of ages, glacial shroud, level 2 boots, Wit's end, Abyssal Scepter
This build makes him generally tankier than usual, and it's a good alternative if you're team picked up a lot of AD and you know they will stack armor, he does a surprising amount of AP damage with his high ratios, and grab actually becomes a decent nuke. You can trade Zhonya's for Abyssal if you need armor over MR.

In a troll game I surprisingly dominated with:
Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, Lichbane, Rabadons, Ionian boots

Q + E + R passive + R was insane burst. But you can only build glass cannon like this if you have high CC and peeling tanks like alistar / rammus / shen because you're squishy as heck and people expect you to be the peeling tank role most of the time.

I've also started with a sheen instead of tear, and it does help in top a lot because it's some serious damage for that level 3-4 skirmish.

xahhfink6

02-21-2012

It may just be that I like a tankier blitz, but I have NEVER felt like tear has been worth it on Blitz... he just doesn't spam or auto attack enough to make it worth it, and getting the AD really won't help as much as some defensive stat, AP, or CDR would.

For starting item, I'm a fan of CATA on him

Xoax

02-21-2012

Thanks guys. Ill try a catalyst

Redenbacher

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
It may just be that I like a tankier blitz, but I have NEVER felt like tear has been worth it on Blitz... he just doesn't spam or auto attack enough to make it worth it, and getting the AD really won't help as much as some defensive stat, AP, or CDR would.

For starting item, I'm a fan of CATA on him
I agree with you on forgoing tear, but I think ignoring AD on him in favor of AP is a mistake.

His low-cooldown fist is on a 2-3 second cooldown and does 2x his total AD, and then he has an AS + MS steroid that can be kept up nearly constantly with max CDR. Compare that to his AP abilities, both of which you only get to use once per fight. Lichbane makes that a bit more viable, but you're investing a lot before that becomes worth it's cost. I auto-attack quite a bit on Blitz (certainly enough to make Triforce worth it), and not to mention his crit animation is amusing