[Guide] Morgana - a Comprehensive Guide to Gameplay and Strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serenia23

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
you should be able to use the F1 - F5 keys for selecting targets--not sure if this functionality was changed when they messed with key bindings recently though :/
Gah.. I forgot all about those! >.< thanks for the reminder. Like I'll "remember" them and try to get used to them, but end up going back to trying to use the mouse.. lol >.< geez. Oh well I've been trying tog et a new PC recently, so we'll see I suppose

EDIT: Although... Ironically enough I use F1 to target myself alot.. You'd think with that I'd actually remember the other F keys. >.<

PoohBear26

08-19-2010

Great guide. Good Tips.

Just please people; please, please don't solo mid in a ranked or lvl 30 normal game, unless your team drafts the absolute most pathetic excuse for a team comp imaginable.

I read somewhere in the post about Morg soloing because she is a stronger pusher. While I don't agree, because of the high mana cost of her "pushing" spells and reliance on a slow, albeit strong, close ranged auto attack to last hit, it doesn't matter. Soloing mid is about much more than pushing.

Mid is about getting your ult first to get a FB, kill or assist in an early game gank and to farm up lots of $$ to work into your late game build faster.

How does Morgana fair on these two points?:
ULT: Moragna not only needs to physically be where the gank is occurring in order for her ult to be useful, thereby making middle vulnerable to a push, but also within a dangerously close range of the enemy champions until her ult finishes and pops the stun. So unless you're using teleport and ghost to accomplish this, good luck.

Theres a list of champions - Ashe, Ezreal and Karthas to name a few, that can execute their ult from across the map with virtually no harm to themselves and without ever having to leave their lane in order to do so.

$$: Morgana doesn't need items early to be effective and she's not a late game carry, as addressed in this guide. So having the highest CS mid game means little.

There's an even longer list of champions who can last hit and AoE farm more efficiently and effectively. More importantly, the champions on this list are more item dependent anyway!

Please, leave farming middle and ganking top to the competent carries and pushing to the heimers who can 2v1 a lane while one of your mates parties in the jungle with golem and liz man

PoohBear26

08-19-2010

Quote:
but to say that she's not a good mid is ridiculous.
Didnt say shes not a good mid. I said there are better and that others need it FAR more

She doesn't need mid to be effective early game or late game. Having a lane partner actually adds to her strengths. With a decent lane partner you can get FB long before mid gets 6. Farming mid does what? Gives your team's support champion items while your carry sits in another lane more gold starved and underleveld than they should be?

Saying Morgana should go middle when any hard carry is on your team is what's ridiculous. That **** loses games

Nivled

08-19-2010

Morgana shines in a 1v2 in a sidelane, and coordinating with your jungler for a gank. Leave the Mid to a hard carry (e.g. ezrael, etc...), and the other side lane to your tank + ranged champion.

A suggested setup will hence be
1) Morgana 1v2 Top lane
2) Carry Mid Lane
3) Tank + Range (or some synergistic combo) in Bottom Lane
4) 1 Good Jungler

Nivled

08-19-2010

Quote:
no, it doesn't. if you don't understand how lane assignments should work, then create a thread on it--there are quite a few people here that would be willing to help you out.
I agree with ricklessabandon, sometimes Morgana has to take mid, especially if you know that enemy has a helmdinger mid. Putting your hard carry there will lose you the game.

PoohBear26

08-19-2010

Cool, one exception to a general rule.

Heres another exception: You have Ezreal on your team. Sorry Morg, not going mid. Ez is. He's one of the better counters to Heimer AND hes a carry

As a poster said earlier, Morgana in a 1v2 makes a lot more sense than Morgana in a 1v1.

Rick182

08-23-2010

Best Morgana Guide ever. This has to go to the first page... There are lots of morgana guides there, but none of them is nearly as good as this one.

Witch Bernkastel

09-21-2010

A relatively minor update: I've tweaked the order of levelling skills. Lately I've been finding that while having a stronger/longer Dark Bind in the mid game isn't terribly important, strengthening the durability and duration of Black Shield early on can give you an incredibly noticeable edge both in supportive presence and personal survivability.

I've been having great success in the AP route lately by just staying in my lane until I have the gold for a Needlessly Large Rod as my first item, but I'm not quite ready to actually change my recommendations for item orders, as I also feel like I've been midding against particularly dense opponents for the past month or so. (Honestly, who willingly takes 3 ticks of a Tormented Soil that wasn't even aimed at them? Just take a second to get away from your caster creeps, please!)

Narssisstic

09-23-2010

Thank you for this. I play with people that have a much higher ELO than me, which means I die a lot. As a result, I often play the support role, and while my Janna is horrible, I had an okay Morganna. Reading this has really helped me understand everything, not to mention eased my boredom in class. I think it is well written, and a great source of information

SoftFuzzyPanda

09-27-2010

excellent guide