Dominion Hidden Elo System & Matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaded0ne

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archos View Post
"Every time I win it's because I'm awesome, and every time I lose it's because everyone else sucked! I just keep getting lots of really bad teammates!"

I've taken two accounts to 1900+ in dominion, including a level 23 smurf. Coincidence much? Methinks not.

Rogues are scissors; warriors are rock; mages, hunters, priests, druids, and shamans are paper. Warlocks are mushrooms.

Archos a post like that hardly deserves a response as I am not placing blame, I am simply trying to make the issue known so Riot can hopefully work towards a more elegant and accurate matchmaking system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaded0ne

02-21-2012

I also wanted to post to this in response a few points made earlier in the thread:

This game was played this evening during peak hours (6PM) in draft mode, although it was a victory there was still a player in the match with a large win gap in comparison to everyone else. This counters the idea that it only happens in "off peak" hours.

Could matchmaking possibly be taking summoner's rift games into account when placing teams? This person had around 500 wins in SR but only 24 in dominion.