Dominion Hidden Elo System & Matchmaking

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

Senior Member

02-21-2012

There aren't enough players to provide close matchmaking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
Whenever me + a friend who duo que would get up to the 1800/1900's, we'd start getting matched with really really bad players.

I've come under the conspiracy theory that when you start to do well, it tries to match you with crappy players in the hopes you'll carry them up.

This has happened so much recently that I've stopped playing.
I knew this for months and yet Riot still refuses to admit it.

It must be that bad on your end, huh?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trollkatt

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndikate View Post
I knew this for months and yet Riot still refuses to admit it.

It must be that bad on your end, huh?
I've had the same experience. Whenever I am playing with friends on a team, the matchmaking overcompensates for our supposed "OMG OP TEAMWORK" by assigning us really bad players for the remaining spots, and pitting us against players that are WAY ahead of us. :P a 10-15 losing streak is not uncommon for us


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

avatarofrandom

Senior Member

02-21-2012

I played a game last night against a premade 5 that were all over 2.2k elo yet our team's highest was 1900 and me at 1870 then the rest were 1600-1700. WTF is that bull****? Of course we lost the game and only lost 2 elo but seriously?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ardenor

Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
There aren't enough players to provide close matchmaking.
I've come to this conclusion as well.

If you've ever played during non-peak hours, player skill seems to vary widely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jabe

Senior Member

02-21-2012

All of these, email details to matchmaking[[at]riotgames.com if you think the matchmaking was poor.

See here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1827767


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaded0ne

Junior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
I get your point somewhat, but that game was more about the fact you let them have poppy and rammus than anything else.
The game was solo que blind pick, so the other team having poppy and rammus has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my team got paired with an inexperienced dominion player that had no concept of what it takes to win on the crystal scar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaded0ne

Junior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardenor View Post
If you've ever played during non-peak hours, player skill seems to vary widely.

I never really gave it much thought, but the matchmaking does seem get significantly worse in the early morning hours.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaded0ne

Junior Member

02-21-2012

So it seems the general concensus from those that have responded is that more accurate matchmaking is just a pipe dream due to the overall lack of dominion players.


Does anyone have any idea how the North American dominion player base compares with summoners rift on an average daily basis?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archos

Member

02-21-2012

"Every time I win it's because I'm awesome, and every time I lose it's because everyone else sucked! I just keep getting lots of really bad teammates!"

I've taken two accounts to 1900+ in dominion, including a level 23 smurf. Coincidence much? Methinks not.

Edited for unrelated world of roguecraft reference: Rogues are scissors; warriors are rock; mages, hunters, priests, druids, and shamans are paper. Warlocks are mushrooms.


123