Why can a 4 man premade go up against 5 solo q players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

02-20-2012

I've seen this happen 3 times now where a 4 man premade group has been matched up against another team with 5 solo queue players. Why is this alowed to happen, when it's such a one sided fight?

Geryth

02-20-2012

Not only did this happen to me yesterday, but it was 4 people in a premade that were 2200 elo + and one 1750'ish, and my whole team was under 1800.

I only lost 3 elo, but still, that was just a bad matchup.

Ikarurob

02-20-2012

stop making threads.

Hozartis

02-20-2012

Because they have no where else to go at the moment. Remember, normal games are supposed to be "for fun" until we get ranked.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Ran into some of those people. Bragging about being at the top yet all they do is do premades while the rest of us get dumped into this broken matching making system that is ACTUAL SOLO Q. Played enough games where I'm always pushing all the way to enemy point when doing bot lane and get ganked and camped all day while my team afks at the top point in plain sight waiting for the enemy team while they are backdooring and ganking all day.

Melvear

02-20-2012

Usually, a full premade can be put against a team of solo queuers that are higher elo to compensate for the fact that the premade is probably using voice chat and are used to playing with each others.

The other way around is probably a freak occurance though.

lbgsloan

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
Usually, a full premade can be put against a team of solo queuers that are higher elo to compensate for the fact that the premade is probably using voice chat and are used to playing with each others.

The other way around is probably a freak occurance though.
That's what is supposed to happen. What actually happens is the few top premades can't get fair games anymore, so the matchmaker eventually just gives up and throws them with anybody. This results in their elo getting higher and higher, with the gap between them and everyone else getting more and more silly. It's almost pointless really, since the number of players at their own elo is so low now it's actually a drawback to have 2000+ normal elo. As stated the elo loss for losing to them is like 3 elo, so whatever. Just a waste of time for everyone.