Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VuLxZ

02-20-2012

Hey guys, I'm a new player, well I hd 50 games in but I still need to ask my friends what I need to do a lot, and I can't seem to go positive. I love playing as Akali, and it would be realy helpful if anybody can give me tips/strats on how to play Akali, I seem to not be able to get kills and I don't play that smart. I watch youtube videos on her, and still can't seem to do good, but i really do enjoy playing as her. So it would be very helpful if anybody can give me some tips on how to get more kills/ play smart.

Lethe

02-20-2012

Use your Q to last hit early game. Play defense until level 6.

At level 6 with your ult hit him with a dash and use your combo. You can dash out by dashing to an enemy minion that is far away from him.

I like this build, you can try it out. It is an assasin build to maximize burst so you can ult in and kill the squishies instantly in a team fight.

Boots + 3 Health Potion --> Hextech Revolver --> MPen boots --> Rylai's Crystal Scepter --> Bilgewater Cutlass --> Hextech Gunblade --> Lich Bane --> Deathcap --> Deathfire Grasp

Your kill combo is

R --> Hextech Active + Autoattack --> Q --> R + Autoattack --> E --> R --> Q Autoattack

You can proc lichbane and Q twice for maximum burst damage.

Aikimiller

02-21-2012

guide: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/2676

Playing Akali:

You need a solo lane, if you don't have a solo lane, don't play akali, she needs the extra levels to be effective. Your job as akali is an assassin, meaning you secure kills. Never, never, never attack someone who is at full health, wait till your allies have taken someone to half or so, then dash in and finish the job. Never, never, never start a fight, akali is squishy, and what will happen is you'll blow a round of skills, and then your target will either CC you, which is death for akali, or simply kill you outright. Learning when to engage is the biggest thing you can do to play her well.

DeepSpaceNinja

02-21-2012

- Don't go for kills until level 6.
- When fighting just use Q and and melee in between.
- Don't use E, it wastes energy and then you can't use shroud and other abilities when you need to.

- Don't be stingy with your R. I usually just go Q-R-Q-R-Q-R when fighting someone (with melee in between).

- Use shroud when your opponent stands there to fight back or to escape.

Lord Revelation

02-21-2012

Akali was my main from level 10 to 300~ wins.

Most of what they are saying is correct. The only tip I can add, is when you Q, WAIT for it to be off cooldown before you R in and NEVER E before you get the auto attack to trigger your first Q. Your Q's are priority and if you R and E, they'll get away with you never triggering Mark (Q).

I see a lot of bad Akali's blow all 3 charges of ult when they don't need to, use it for gap closer, escapes and the only time you use it when you're on top of them is for the spell vamp, if you absolutely have to.

Also, I have found, when in mid lane, wards on wraiths is really OP. You can ult over the wall to them for amazing escapes. Warding both wraith camps is nice, but keep yours warded at all times. You can also catch a lot of counter jungling and get a few free kills.

Surviving on Akali is always reliant upon being extremely fed or using Shroud at the right time. I see a lot of Akali's R onto someone and instantly drop Shroud for no reason other than to spam abilities, don't get in this habit. Always try to drop Shroud on the edge of bushes for escapes and jukes, you can also check bushes this way as you'll still be stealthed but granted vision into the bushes.

I just woke up so bear with me if any of that doesn't make sense. : )

xXLegaciesXx

06-15-2013

Use W, the shroud, effectively, for escaping like if there are 2 bushes put twilight shroud in the middle, the chances of the enemy pickin the right way u went is 50% or go one way, put shroud down, and cchange directions

Sovietcarrot

11-12-2013

ok, so im still a newb at akali. But i can say what i have learned, your "e" is only efective if you use the assassin mark. Also RUN INTO THE JUNGLE IF YOUR CHASED!!!!. What i mean by this, is to run into the jungle(where 2 or more ways out) pop a shroud. and let them run into the shroud, run Straight where they came from. Always play mind tricks on the other team. Also your ult is for long range attacks use it to get in and get out. The longer you stay in a fight the lower the chance you'll get the kill. The combo i always use is Q(right before it hits)-r-e-r-w-r you make sure the the shroud get in front of the fleeing champion. Oh yeah remember q in early game to steal kill, but let your lane helper get some kills too. Remember akali can jump pretty far so easy kills for akali. Have a nice time!

Whoa There Betsy

11-12-2013

The necromancer has spoken...