At what point is the jungle no longer 'mine'?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

02-21-2012

You only take blue on the first runthrough. You take red maybe two or three times. After that blue goes to ap and red goes to ad carry. The little camps ppl can take as long as it doesnt interfere with you getting to 6. after that its fair game

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

When the laning phase ends, no one owns anything.

Iexy

02-21-2012

Counter Jungle.

Shaidyn

02-21-2012

Thank you to everyone who replied, there's some very good information in here.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

I think they've summarised it quite well.

My take on this is: I get the first clear, with a couple exceptions. Mid can take wraiths before laning when I do a wraithjack start, top/bot can take doubles unless I've got a red start. An exp advantage in lane can be devastating. After that, it's MY jungle for the most part, including doubles, until the time when I can't actually keep up with clears any more due to too much fighting. That'd be about when laners, too, are starting to move around a lot. It becomes free game after that and everyone should just clear camps when they pass by. If you can't tell the time of game, then it's definitely free by the time I hit level 13.

First blue is mine, first red is mine. Doesn't matter whether I actually need either, because this clear is all about the exp. Exceptions would be, I dunno, Lee or Twitch who start red and gank, and sometimes I might want it anyway. Second blue is mid lane's unless he doesn't need it or I'm Fiddlesticks (possibly Skarner, I'll try it out when he's free...but as Amumu, I can give mid second blue.) When the ADC isn't sitting in lane farming all game, and isn't Ashe, I ping them for red. This is usually the third or fourth. Until that time, I make better use of it.

I will always take the opponent's buffs when I can. Hopefully a teammate can help me (faster clear), but I'm the one with Smite here, and it isn't my team's buff.

A couple of notes. Gragas and some others make good use of wraiths. Push out the lane and take theirs. Wraiths on my side are MINE and I need my exp. But if you ask, I'll work around it. Also, if you insist on taking my creeps when they're still mine (no permission granted), I will make your lane pay the jungle tax.

TotallyInsane

02-22-2012

Still... It sucks when I (I jungle) have just killed Golems, went back to buy, going back mid, do wolfs and head for wraiths, and my mid bursts some bull**** towards them, when Im literally there and ready to kill. Then its just "free" xp, and I have to run up towards golems again.

Like, I can't just walk in mid, stealing my AP carry's farm, just cause I HAVE to. Be polite, make agreements like "take my mid", "take my golems", makes things SO much easier.

Easiest thing is just to be polite, predict the timers and use your head really