Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purple Puma

02-20-2012

So I was told to random in a game, and got Soraka. Our Heim was raging and said "Why would you choose Soraka!?"

So than I said "I'm gonna take CV too, it's underrated."

My whole team thought Soraka was a terrible choice. But by the end of the game, I had 3 of the enemy team afraid to go anywhere near me. And my team was surprised when I 2v1'd Voli and Mundo. Needless to say, my team didn't expect me to carry and support.

And I rofl'd at what the enemy Shen said in post game chat.

So I come here to ask, what's a good Soraka build? Was mine okay? Why all the Soraka hate?

The Wrongsword

02-20-2012

soraka can be good, i dunno what her average place on a tier list is necessarily, it moves around, but she is a solid support if she is built tanky. Your build is fine. Glass cannon sorakas are awful- they dont put out consistent damage to make up for how quick they die and so they arent very helpful at actually supporting because they are so squishy they need the rest of the team to support them. Thats a waste of a role, let leblanc or ahri build glass cannon- sorakas should build like you do.

That being said i dont think a soraka could ever put up those kind of numbers consistently, I mean they had a pretty weak team. Urgot is only good at high elos going bot lane, he is op doing that but lackluster going top, and it looks like their ziggs went bot instead of urgot. And the rest of their team is just weak tanks, I mean... they have mundo for gods sake and shen is still pretty bad overall. Voli has always been pretty meh, not great, not terrible.

So basically you had a good matchup that made you get more kills than you normally would but that being said soraka is still a good support if build and used well.

My main suggestion though is to swap out one of those spells for garrison (with the mastery)- it helps a lot for tower defense and being a tough to kill tower defender with garrison is a great boon to a team

02-20-2012

Soraka is an awesome bot. I posted this a couple days ago and it's how I play her:

It's all about picking items that make you stronger and counter your aggressor. That also goes with skill leveling. I firmly believe that Soraka shouldn't level her skills the same way every time. For instance, against yorick, I would max starcall first to destroy his creeps, then silence then heal. As for items, I would start with a catalyst and work into rylais next. After that something like frozen heart or thornmail. The rylais is really needed vs champs like udyr and yorick as your silence will make kiting them fairly simple. The FH or thornmail will help you in case you can't constantly kite them. Once they fully commit to fighting, I use ignite if their lifesteal is out of hand.

Sivir and Urgot and pretty much other ranged dps champs might make you have to put a few more points into your heal to stay in lane and more focus on silence for urgot and starcall for sivir (since sivir's push can get out of control while urgot relies on his low cd nuke to be used on you).

I either run mpen (reds), cdr(blue/quints), and armor(yellow) runes or I run mpen with AR/MR yellow/blues and hp/5 quints depending on whom I'm going up against.

Oh, I also just went on a soraka/ww spree on my alt and won 9/10 games with soraka and 8/8 with ww on my last 18 games played

Also, another thing to win lanes against most of those champs is to run around randomly spamming as much as you can. Never run directly towards a champ because then your moves are predictable. Always just run randomly back forth up and down and they will miss their skill shots.

Don't forget to not over-extend. Soraka is an amazing pusher and thus you can choose exactly where you want the creep wave to stay at, even against amazing pushers like sivir and heimer. This can also help you win vs champs like kass.

For items, she really is versatile but like said before, tanky ap items and tanky CDR items are beautiful for her (SV, FH, Rylais, Thornmail, AbSc, Odins, and even lichebane). I love thornmail and odin's veil especially since they do magic damage and can be amazing damage when you have shredded their MR and Odins can do some awesome burst that people forget about.