How do you counter the tanky DPS on this map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Kitae bloodrazor on someone with atk speed steriod works like a charm

Just beat a mundo with ult up and about 3.5k hp using kitae (+ items) as sivir, 1v1

For mage, try DFG
What were his items? Sounds like he didn't have much offense.

Unless you kited him, to which I say you could've done that easily.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

TEll me the specific champs and I will tell you how to counter it

Ikarurob

02-20-2012

realize OP is posting in the wrong forum.

know that OP will never read this thread because hes just a whiner like all the whiners before him.

post nyan cat instead.

Genericke

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarurob View Post
realize OP is posting in the wrong forum.

know that OP will never read this thread because hes just a whiner like all the whiners before him.

post nyan cat instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

But seriously, I've been playing champions like Warwick now to counter the tanky DPS. It's the only strategy that I'm seeing work, just because he can build tanky and still do a bunch of damage, while also having the %health damage to counter the tanky DPS.

Slivyrr

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
sounds like you need to quit building glass cannon
Correction: Know how to build glass cannon.

Start with a Prospector's item or something to give you some small stat bonuses and HP for early game. Rushing damage items is usually a bad idea unless you're building a champion like vlad who gains HP or defense with building AP/AD.

If your team consists of 5 full DPS builds, you'll probably get wrecked by a tanky-DPS team only because nobody can initiate. However, some champions, especially ranged carries and assassins with gap closers, are very viable with full-DPS builds. You shouldn't try to dive a half hp or full hp tanky-dps char while he's on his own point defending in hopes you'll kill him. Utilize strategy to get him to move, keep note of his location, work with the brush and fog of war, and burst him down if possible. Knowing which fights you can win largely determines your success in any given situation.

A full-damage carry will have unrivaled damage outputs. When I play Talon I usually max damage output per hit in order to kill other carries in one or two hits (In a recent match I played, I managed a 2.3k damage Q), and at the very least send tanks back to the base or to devastatingly low HP values. As a damage dealer, your primary goal should be to aggress hard, get kills, and provide your teammates the ability to clean up foes and capture the point. Defending a point as a damage dealer is extremely difficult without sustain, notably due to you being prone to ganks by the other team trying to capture the point.

Ideally, stay mobile, aggress hard, and be willing to die if you can bring foes to low HP and either send them back to the base providing your team time to capture the point, or letting your team clean up and take the point as well. Otherwise only follow through on the kills you know you can get.

ImCoolerOnline

02-21-2012

Countering tanky DPS is easy;
Vayne

And if you really want her to do it well have her just follow around a rammus or shen, Seriously, Vayne late game can destroy almost any tanky dps and plain old tank in seconds by late game, no matter how tanky they are.

LoveLily

02-21-2012

You don't, because even if you kill 3 of them they're going to group respawn and come back before you can finish capping a point.

oh goody, a single champion counters an entire meta.. that guy's logic is so solid..

Cyndikate

02-21-2012

Didn't TheOddOne say that dominion is a Tanky DPS dominated game mode?

I believe he made a guide on Solomid about it.

LoveLily

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndikate View Post
Didn't TheOddOne say that dominion is a Tanky DPS dominated game mode?

I believe he made a guide on Solomid about it.
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=7194