How do you counter the tanky DPS on this map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

02-20-2012

Seriously, this is turning into a situation where it's like...if you can't beat them join them.

So many games I'm in my team is ahead by 200 points, and the other team is made up entirely of tanky DPS champions. Eventually though the tanky DPS take their toll, and get too tanky while dealing the same damage that my less tanky team does. How do you counter them? Kog, Vayne, Malz and Brand are all terrible options on this map, just because with all of these champions having some sort of gap closer they all get jumped so easily, and have such difficulty surviving. All it takes is one WW ult, or one AD sion stun, or one Wukong dash and you explode. Please help me.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Sanguine Blade
Wit's End
Last Whisper
Guardian Angel
Merc treads
Thornmail, because its just that good.

Works against everything.

Makestro

02-20-2012

sounds like you need to quit building glass cannon

Melvear

02-20-2012

Smart positioning, CC and teamwork. It's not complicated but it's not easy to do in solo queue, I'll have to admit. The easiest thing to do among those is stacking CC.

I disagree that the champions you listed are terrible.
Kog is great on Dom. He can poke like no one else, and deals great damage against anyone.
Vayne can deal damage but she does need some form of support. She can deal with gap closers with her own abilities just fine, but she can't do it against multiple opponents.
Malz is not a great champ on Dom since he has no effective way of getting out of a gank, but he's a good pusher and like Vayne, with some support, he can be quite devastating.
Brand pushes really well too and he does have more control than Malz. However, against tanky dps, he will suffer like most mages that aren't Ryze since he can't burst them down and needs to wait on cooldowns to deal more damage.

Hugs From Momma

02-20-2012

Olaf

DarkTemplar99

02-20-2012

Only get items that are defensive and offensive. Stay away from pure offensive items until the end. Get items like Atmas, Rylais, Abyssal scepter, Hextech Sweeper, FM, entropy, etc.

NavyGothic

02-20-2012

1. Fight with your team and don't go wandering off alone. 2 bruisers will probably win against tank + squishy if you fight two 1v1 battles in the bushes. Tank + squishy will win if they fight together.

2. Don't go pure glass cannon. Yes, your tanks can protect you from some damage. No, they won't be able to protect you from all damage.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Kitae bloodrazor on someone with atk speed steriod works like a charm

Just beat a mundo with ult up and about 3.5k hp using kitae (+ items) as sivir, 1v1

For mage, try DFG

Rebonack

02-20-2012

Stick with a pal who has CC or kite around your capture point.

Buy a little bit of defense at the very least. You may be surprised how much damage many of the 'squishy' champs can deal even with pure tank gear.

Chingmeister

02-20-2012

More tanky dps