Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

02-20-2012

Feeling bored, any suggestions on how I might accomplish making this work?

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Mallet/Triforce
Atmas
Ghostblade/Brutalizer
Gunblade
Situational Item
Boots

Build order doesn't really matter at this point.

Ghosts don't give crit, so I'd probably get a little first. Lifesteal/Spellvamp for obvious reasons. If I had crit/armor pen, I'd get more out of AD ghosts. There likely to be 2-3 AD per team.

evilXkilla

02-20-2012

Mallet + atmas

Gives him cc he lacks and a good amount of AD he scales so well off of. Max Q and E.

He has no steroid which really puts him behind other AD bruisers and his ultimate becomes useless and rarely kills people. Still a fun build as his Q hits like a truck

Rebonack

02-20-2012

The only real big issue I see with running straight AD on Mord is the fact that he can have a bit of trouble getting close enough to people so that he can thwack them.

Thwacking someone is very important if you want to be successful with AD Mord *nodnod*

Darmival

02-20-2012

Quote:
Rebonack:

Thwacking someone is very important if you want to be successful with AD Mord *nodnod*

thwacking is almost always important on melee champs

anyways dramatic your item build is too expensive to realistically reach in a lot of games.. you need to cut down on the expensive items

Maybe try this for core?

Boots + Rylais + Gunblade + Atma's + situational x 2

( yes i know rylai's doesnt give ad directly.. however it does let your e slow them from range and still gives q slow )
You might also have to work in zeal or phantom dancer due to morde's horrid mobility

DramaticBear

02-20-2012

One thing I've found is killing an enemy with Atma's is amazing.

They get 20% of your hp, resulting in a healthy damage boost.

Had a ghost with 400 AD and crits. Utter terror.

EDIT: So far its a bust. AD Morde, like AP Morde, ends up falling off too hard. No CC and no mobility on dominion just doesn't work.

The real make or break is getting a good team makeup and getting the right matchups. Against other no mobility champions, he's horrifying. If they keep you out of melee range, you're worthless. Same problem Olaf is having now, except worse.

KaXaSA

02-20-2012

i don't think it's any better than ap morde but there's something i love about him:

Buy frozen mallet
ULT -> Kill ranged carry
Carry Ghost Auto-attacks proc frozen mallet slow

megusta.jpg

Fox P McCloud

02-20-2012

I would have said this was viable when his E gave shield per unit hit, but in its current form? No.

ImCoolerOnline

02-21-2012

I would recommend getting Rylais over Frozen mallet even in your ad build. The slow will apply to all your spells including ult and the dmg from Fmallet is minimal tbh.

iProbie

02-21-2012

it could work because heaven knows what riot was thinking when they released morde with the highest base AS at level 1 and actually end up a bit higher than most carries' base AS at level 18.

Redenbacher

02-21-2012

Quote:
KaXaSA:
i don't think it's any better than ap morde but there's something i love about him:

Buy frozen mallet
ULT -> Kill ranged carry
Carry Ghost Auto-attacks proc frozen mallet slow

megusta.jpg

This was removed and considered a 'bug' many patches ago. Ghosts no longer apply the frozen mallet slow if you have it equipped. (They may apply it if the slain enemy had it equipped, though I've not tested this)

There's also one major fundamental flaw in an AD Mordekaiser build - only a single ability scales with AD, albeit poorly, and he has no gap closing abilities. No one in their right mind is going to let you walk up and hit them. That said, every other true tanky DPS champion can accomplish the same thing you're trying to accomplish better.

Also, Mordekaiser gains suvivability by dealing damage through his abilities, not auto-attacking. All of his abilities deal magic damage and scale with AP. The ONLY (partial) AD item I would remotely recommend, is Gunblade. It also provides you with another ranged means of closing a gap.

So, to answer your question, there is no way to 'make it work', because every other actual AD champion will outclass him.