You have capped three points - now what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

02-20-2012

I would probably try to backcap while having the rest of my team try to defend. They won't send everyone to assault our points if one of theirs is threatened.

Ensign

02-20-2012

Assuming everyone is up, the best players will, depending on their champion:

1) Gank bot with 1/2/3 guys
2) Send a guy to neutralize / backcap their mid
3) Hang out in the bush above their opponent's speed shrine

They absolutely don't play the 'we have 3 points, everyone defend!!!!1' thing. Intelligently attacking the other points forces the other team to defend a 4/5 cap instead of focusing on breaking your 3 cap, which holds your lead longer.

NinetyNineTails

02-20-2012

Know where they are. If you have three points and knowledge of the enemy positions, it becomes trivial to win. Thus, Hextech Sweeper, CV, and Twitch/Eve scouting (the real OPness of stealthers in Dom).

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
You pretty much have to guess where they are going and counter them. There is no perfect defense, because if there were, high-elo games would be decided at the windmill fight.
This is pretty much.

You basically have to predict your opponent if you want to take advantage of your ahead position. But basically the best strat is based so much also on team comps. Having two great defenders on Bottom and top with garrison can give your team time to react, so your 3 man can be hidding somewhere in the jungle ready to react. The problem of this is if your 3 man team gets ganked by their 4 man team, you may lose before the top reach to defend.

I coudl write more examples but i could be here typing all day and it all depends on team comps and basically trying to predict what the opponent will do. A good strat is to attack yourself so you dont have to defend but that can backfire.

I think the most important tip i can give is to have as many champs as you can in unknown positions by your enemy so they dont know where is safe to attack.