Compilation of known Dominion problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

02-20-2012

My hope is that having all the known Dominion problems in one post will encourage Riot to balance the game. Feedback and arguments appreciated.

Rammus is broken - The way his speed boost stacks with speed shrines essentially gives him a global teleport on a 10 second cooldown.

AD casters are very strong - Possibly a non-problem, but better class balance is desirable. Armor penetration aura helps them a lot. There is no item that directly counters them.

AP casters are weak - Their core items are very expensive. AP casters are balanced around the cdr provided by the SR blue buff, which does not exist in Dominion. Some AP casters are dependent on their ultimate. Since Dominion has more frequent fighting than SR, AP caster's ultimates are not up for every major fight like they are in SR.

Thornmail is too cost efficient - possibly a non-problem

The client crashing bugs the shop and prevents you from buying certain items.

The scoring system encourages poor play and has no reflection on who is contributing - Solution is to remove it.

Death timer windows are counter intuitive - If you die within 12 seconds of a teammate dying you respawn faster. Keeping track of this timer in your head is annoying. Solution - Provide a visual notification of when this death window is open in the GUI.

Leavers/afkers make the game unwinnable - Solution - Let people start a surrender vote if there is a teammate who has bought no items by 1:20.

Extremely long queue times and unbalanced match making - People automatically lose against premades. Generally they lose by 400+ points, which is not fun. People are sometimes paired with people 300 Elo below them which is unfun. Solution - implement Ranked Dominion.

Yorick is too strong - Hard to counter. He is a must pick or ban. Dominates bottom lane.

Dominion Cursor Bug - Some people have a problem where their cursor will disappear.

Denambren

02-20-2012

Good post.

Won't do anything or accomplish anything, but that's a good list of some of the issues.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

I wish yorick is too strong, lost 4 game ytd, 4 yorick bot lane. Against ziggs x2, sivir, heim...

Or maybe its my luck...

Keonyn

02-20-2012

Good effort. I don't agree with everything you said, but acknowledging issues is important. Of course, SR has its own share of issues, and that is somewhat the nature of a dynamic ever changing game like LoL. The only way to avoid issues outright is to simply balance the game and never make a single change or addition after that. Of course, what is "broken" is sometimes in the eye of the beholder and someone having trouble with a certain element of the game, or character, etc doesn't necessarily mean it is broken overall.

Rammus is definitely broken, no doubt about that. Don't allow the speed aura to stack with his own boost and that should counter that. In a game like Dominion where map coverage is as vital as it is, giving any champ such a constant ability to travel across the map at that kind of speed is just too powerful, especially when said champ has decent damage output and survivability on top of that.

As for casters, I don't agree with this one. Some of the best Dom players I know run AP casters and AD casters are still counterable with the right build utilizing good health or armor or thornmail, depending on who you face.

The scoring system isn't perfect, but it never will be either, just because of the games dynamic. However, a scoring and stats system means a lot to many players, and removing it could negatively effect how many people play Dom. We want to encourage more players, not discourage them. Besides, removing it won't prevent people from playing stupidly, and I doubt it would have any real impact on that at all.

Leavers/afkers are a problem in all game modes. Heck, if anything it's a huger issue in TT than anywhere else, but in pretty much any game mode they will all but ensure a teams defeat.

Yorick is very strong bot, but it's not like he can not be countered. There are champs than can do well against Yorick, and sometimes you have to pick to counter your opponents pick, it's no different in SR or really any MOBA game.

Kiddalee

02-20-2012

I think you approach this in the wrong way. It sounds like these are all your opinions that you've decided to make one thread about. What you should be doing instead is listing links to popular Dominion complaints, disclaiming that your own opinions have nothing to do with them. If that is what you meant to do, then apparently you're giving the wrong impression.

urmamasllama

02-20-2012

i like the death timer thing

Ensign

02-20-2012

Things I think I would like:

1) Replacing the global armor/magic penetration auras with a global CDR aura.

2) Slightly increase the movement soft cap reduction percentage and substantially increase the movement hard cap reduction percentage.

3) Adjust death timers to be consistent between players and the two teams.

At least I think those are the low hanging fruit with the game in its current state.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keonyn View Post
Good effort. I don't agree with everything you said, but acknowledging issues is important.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keonyn View Post
Yorick is very strong bot, but it's not like he can not be countered.
also this

and you might want to include the cursor locking issue or whatever the hell it is. I've never had it but there are quite a few people who report being crippled by it frequently

Rebonack

02-20-2012

Yorick can be hard-countered bot by Sivir or AD Malz or Amumu without too much trouble. I've heard that Turtle/Phoenix Udyr stomps him as well, though I haven't seen that one myself yet.

Thornmail is a shut-down against glass cannon builds. EG, ranged carries for the most part. There's no real way to stop them from getting gold so a counter-item is pretty much needed.

Getting maxed CDR is as easy as Sweeper/Morello's. There are other combinations but that seems like a pretty reasonable one. Or you can just snag some AP quints/blues for your rune page.

AD casters as in... what. Pantheon and Renekton? I suppose Riven as well but her passive makes her a godly auto-attacker. They're all good but I would hardly say that they're broken.

Though I would agree with Rammus. As much as I like Rammus as a champion he... just doesn't work on Dominion. Hate to say it. But it's true. He should just be disabled from selection/banning in Dominion. It would free up a ban in Draft and prevent a few tears in Blind Pick.

WaterD103

02-20-2012

no ranked is not only a known dominion problem, is the most important overshadowing every other problem.