Alistar build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEFACT0

02-20-2012

Hi guys,
Want to know how do you build Alistar (runes, masteries and items)
My build (noob with ali) :
Runes: mp red, flat armor yellows, mr/lvl blues, mov speed quint
masteries: 0-21-9
Items that I usually build (in no particular order): spirit visage, frozen heart, FoN, aegis.

I donīt buy any single dmg item, should I try to build damage?

Thanks in advance.
EDIT: My ELO is 1500, teams are usually balanced and players usually know how to build their champs. Not too pro, but not too noob.

Ppvkignx

02-20-2012

CDR tank + trinity, sometimes wits end. Don't need to build damage every game, though - just get it if you aren't really dying.
An early sheen makes you really punishing to squishies.

I don't like getting spirit visage unless I level heal 2nd to deal with poke.

Sunfire/Randuins/Thornmail/Odyn's/Mallet/Soul Shroud/Sweeper are also good items.

CDR cap is 40%. CDR boots + visage + FH + 8.1% cdr mastery is overkill.

0shi

02-20-2012

It really depends what your team needs. If we have a dedicated tank and I'm in an ali mood, I play crit-istar with ghostblade trinity force phantom dancer. Still amazingly resilient with your ult up, but pumps amazing damage into squishies (the point in the build is to pop ghostblade + ult for staying/sticking power and the free damage the ult provides).
Some people play ap ali, which I've seen do well. Ali is VERY versatile. My tank build would be the same as all other tanks I play if I'm against a balanced team - cdr boots + FH (overcaps you with masteries you may want to sell the boots later) + odin's. Maybe an aegis, at least a sheen for damage (probably want more to be a threat), extra items as the game calls for them. Wits end / atmas / ghostblade for more damage, defensive items as called for

urmamasllama

02-20-2012

i just build full tank on ali cuz he with 40% cdr garrison and his ult he can solo hold a point vs 3+ people for almost a full minute

Warfac3

02-21-2012

Start.

Boots 1, mana gem, amp tomb, 2 red and 2 blue pots.

5 min mark.

Sheen and CDR boots.

10 min mark.

Negatron cape and Armor from sunfire cape.

15 min mark.

Finish with Force of nature and sunfire ( or thornmail ).

Additional time.

Finish lichbane.

Check my match history if you have arguements. Be ready to build items to counter, or oracles elixers

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

At 1700, my Alistar build largely depends on why I picked him and who is on my team.

Mpen reds, armor yellows, CDR blues...

I am to get 10 percent CDR out of masteries, and everything else changes.

Depends on damage, because many people get surprised that Alistar can do some damage ... say if you're fighting against a team with 3 ap champs, I'll go lichbane and knock some heads around. I play very aggressively when that happens, messing with their range arrangement, and using lichbane to do some substantial damage.

Most of the time it's CDR boots, Glacial Shroud, Sheen core.