@Lux players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huniz View Post
Oh wasn't a build order, more of a final build. Sorry for confusion.
so whats your build order? or do you totally ignore CDR on her?

AbsolutePK

02-20-2012

What I would do on Lux is get Boots, Ruby Sapphire, Sapphire Crystal (parts for catalyst), and as many mana potions I can carry.

After that depending on how the fight went for top, I've noticed that if we win the fight, I'm generally near full HP but super low on mana, so I use a potion and stay up top. Generally I'll be up there entirely too long, as in I wouldn't back unless I had enough gold for a completed RoA. But getting Catalyst ASAP can work out wonders too.

On the other side, if we lose the fight for top I'm usually dead and able to finish Catalyst.

But I'm completely ****ed up apparently, I pretend Deathcap doesn't exist. I can't even remember the last time I actually made one.

My build is generally Boots -> Catalyst -> RoA -> CDR boots -> Lich's Bane -> Abyssal Scepter if the game lasts that long.

xPainx

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Catalyst. GG mana issues.
i agree. Most people will think "why catalyst? it only just give a bigger mana pool but no regen". But they fail to understand that with cata u can spam ur spells like 10+ more times then your gonna port back to base anyways since u do this frequently. Mana regen isn't great especially when u spam ur spells all the time ur gonna go OOM anyways unless u have like 1000 mana regen rofl. Then by midgame mana wont be a problem cuz u can choose to turn it into a RoA and at lvl 18 ur mana pool is so big anyways that u wont go oom.

I think i've only gone oom on ahri once at lvl 18 but thats cuz i was defending a node vs 3 people for so long rofl.

Basically think of catalyst as an item thats lets u spam ur spells more until ur mana pool is too big to go oom. Atleast this is what happens when i play ahri. Used to get the ring but now i get boots + ruby/sapphire crystal. U can still go oom with cata sometimes but its way better than the ring.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Catalyst first buy, to prioritizes RoA, every game. When I first read the OP's post my initial thought was "What Mana issues?"

I think that speaks for itself.

Veztai

02-20-2012

I get Prospector's Ring, since it gives HP, AP, and some mana regen. Then I go for Morello's, and then start building tanky mage items.

The only time I really start running out of mana is if I stay engaged for far too long without going back to base. Although catalyst is good too, I just like getting to start with boots that Prospector's lets me do.

Stupid Hat

02-20-2012

I'm sorry to tell you that i have like 30-40 dominion games with lux and never have mana issues starting out with fiendish codex right into morellos, you need to land you QWER and makes sure they go from full to none everytime, RoA has ****ty AP useless amounts of health and mana overkill... i usually camp the bush top and constantly take the healthpack as soon as its up... and from tehre you can land QWER on som1 channeling top, and then buh bye.

jaded0ne

02-21-2012

Too many people underestimate the early game advantage of taking Prospector's Ring. If you are runed for AP, with the ring you start with 60 AP and over 800 HP with Lux and more than enough mana regen for the first fight or so. After that get working on your morellos, if you are constantly going oom with Lux on dominion you must be missing a lot of your shots.

Huniz

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
so whats your build order? or do you totally ignore CDR on her?
Generally:
Boots+Amp Toome+Meki>Fiendish Codex>Lucidity or Sorcerers(depending on team comp)>Sheen>Morellos>Blasting Wand>Lich Bane>Ryalis

Argodis

02-21-2012

Never had mana issues with Lux outside of the first Windmill fight.