@Lux players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

How do you deal with mana issue?

I've been running with Clarity, which allows me to build CDR straight away without much worries, but i don't feel thats right...

So any thoughts? Also feel free to share builds etc.

202halffound

02-20-2012

In SR, you would get the blue buff, but that isn't in Dominion.

Is the mana regen from Morello's Evil Tome enough to cover mana issues? Or do you need something else as well?

EDIT: I'm going to create a theorycraft build for you!

Start with Fiendish Codex and health/mana pots. On your first back upgrade to Morello's and get boots. Upgrade the Boots to boots of lucidity/mobility, then get deathcap and normal caster items (rylais, void staff, etc.)

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202halffound View Post
In SR, you would get the blue buff, but that isn't in Dominion.

Is the mana regen from Morello's Evil Tome enough to cover mana issues? Or do you need something else as well?

EDIT: I'm going to create a theorycraft build for you!

Start with Fiendish Codex and health/mana pots. On your first back upgrade to Morello's and get boots. Upgrade the Boots to boots of lucidity/mobility, then get deathcap and normal caster items (rylais, void staff, etc.)
been doing that, and the answer is no, not enough at all...

0shi

02-20-2012

Have you tried a glacial shroud?
I think the dominion aura covers most of your regen needs, but some more flat mana should help.

iProbie

02-20-2012

never had mana issues with lux though
because I never really had to cast 10 spells throughout teamfight

unless you're talking about bot lane, then a catalyst is good

Huniz

02-20-2012

To be honest when I play Lux, I don't find my self oom outside the top zerg. I don't use clarity, rather have a flash and/or ignite. I just 'B' when I'm at like 10% mana unless I can grab a health station if no one needs the health, but generally I need the health also.

As much as just landing her skill shots can conserve her mana, because you won't have to cast them again later if you do her rotation correctly (where lich bane is key). And not spamming her shield when no one is going to attack really helps, I don't know how many times I've shielded someone and the enemy just runs to another point. Doing it right as the fight starts and not prepping for it will save mana (mostly because the duration of the shield is a small window).

My build is mpen boots, lich bane, morello's, deathcap, rylais, etc.

Yaladilae

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
Have you tried a glacial shroud?
I think the dominion aura covers most of your regen needs, but some more flat mana should help.
I did, it works, but i feel bad about the lost damage

I even run oom easily on top, but i guess partly because I always leave health points for teamates since my range harass is pretty safe

Prometheius

02-20-2012

Catalyst. GG mana issues.

0shi

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huniz View Post
My build is mpen boots, lich bane, morello's, deathcap, rylais, etc.
It takes a decent sum of ap for Lich Bane to be significantly better than Sheen, you should probably modify the order a bit.

Huniz

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
It takes a decent sum of ap for Lich Bane to be significantly better than Sheen, you should probably modify the order a bit.
Oh wasn't a build order, more of a final build. Sorry for confusion.