Disrupting the Balance (Shen X Akali)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HuggableZombie

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asktheteemo View Post
are you gonna continue the zombie leagopaculipse(i didnt spell that right)
YES! The problem is that I'm juggling my two ffs and the collab for the League High thing. So it may seem like I've given up on any of my stories, I'm not, I'm just busy doing other things. Also, if you didn't see, I'm trying to get into college also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkas View Post
I was thinking. Talon's motivation for joining the league was to find General Du Couteau who disappeared. So why knowing that Shen is also a league champion is he trying to kill him? It doesn't really serve his purpose of finding the general. Perhaps these hooded ones gave him misinformation to lead him to go after Shen? I'm just trying to think about how that would fit with the story.
Talon wasn't trying to kill Shen. Talon doesn't recognize Shen at all because he doesn't have his mask. He simply brings out his blade and is cautious. I mean, how would you react if you saw someone in a dangerous town carrying a blade and walking in the slums of said dangerous city (where it's even more dangerous). Especially if he doesn't look like he is a thug or cutthroat, so he is gotta be dangerous himself.

Loso

07-03-2012

How did the trip go Zombie?

Walkas

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggableZombie View Post
YES! The problem is that I'm juggling my two ffs and the collab for the League High thing. So it may seem like I've given up on any of my stories, I'm not, I'm just busy doing other things. Also, if you didn't see, I'm trying to get into college also.

Talon wasn't trying to kill Shen. Talon doesn't recognize Shen at all because he doesn't have his mask. He simply brings out his blade and is cautious. I mean, how would you react if you saw someone in a dangerous town carrying a blade and walking in the slums of said dangerous city (where it's even more dangerous). Especially if he doesn't look like he is a thug or cutthroat, so he is gotta be dangerous himself.
I see your point there. You thought this through more than I did lol. Also good luck in college and your other stuff.

HuggableZombie

07-05-2012

Alright guys, I'm almost done with this chapter and I'm going to have it out by tonight. I know it was long overdue, and I sincerely apologize.

OctopusGenital

07-05-2012

Quote:
Alright guys, I'm almost done with this chapter and I'm going to have it out by tonight. I know it was long overdue, and I sincerely apologize.
Apology accepted <3

HuggableZombie

07-05-2012

Chapter 8: An Inner Struggle

“I mean you no harm Talon,” Shen called out to his fellow champion. Talon cocked an eyebrow at Shen. Without the ninja’s mask, Talon couldn’t recognize him. Shen let go of his ninjato, holding his hands up as he slowly approached the assassin. “It is I, Shen. I’ve come to look for some information.”

Talon smirked slightly, “Now is not the time storytellers are out and about,” Talon stated, lowering the blade on his wrist. He didn’t like Shen very much, but he knew how strong of an opponent the kinkou were and didn’t plan on dying. He leaned against the alley wall as a giant hulking figure passed between the two. It was gold in color and lumbered like the hulking pile of metal it was.

Shen eyed the contraption as it disappeared into the darkness before looking back at Talon who seemed nonchalant about the creature. “What was that?” Shen questioned. Talon shook his head.

“To tell you would mean to kill you. Tell me what is it you are looking for and perhaps I can help…for a price,” Talon stated, inspecting his blade. All Noxians were greedy mercenaries, doing things only to benefit themselves. Shen looked at Talon in disgust, but he did need the information.

“Hooded figures came to town a few weeks ago. You have sharp eyes Talon and I know you saw them. They came to find Mordekaiser, now tell me what you know,” Shen spoke, approaching the assassin until he was few feet in front of him. Their eyes locked in a battle of will until finally, Talon grinned.

“There are many hoods in Noxus, Shen, but not many who seek out Mordekaiser. I know who you are looking for, but first, I want my payment in advance,” Talon said, turning away from the ninja. “All I ask is for a simple favor.”

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Akali looked up at the stars, her eyes watering slightly. Why would Shen have done such a thing? Leaving without word to a dangerous city, the worst city in runeterra if she could give her opinion. From her window, the night sky was beautiful, riddled with the lights of many suns.

Her hand found her stomach as she remembered Shen. The product of satisfying her biological needs soon blossoming into admiration on both sides. Shen had admitted he loved her, and as she sat down on the bed, she began to realize that she too loved him. It didn’t surprise her to admit it, but her conflict she had realized earlier only came back to haunt her. Shen had responsibilities, to be unbiased in all judgments. He had already failed in his responsibility once for her.

She had failed to keep herself under control and was dragging Shen in the same direction. No, that was not what she was taught to do. Balance was the most important aspect of all things. She had failed the kinkou, she had failed herself, she had failed Kennen, but most importantly, she had failed Shen. Disgusted by her realization, she smashed the mirror looking at her.

The Fist of Shadow took a broken piece of glass and looked down at it, noticing the tears flowing down her cheeks. She was the reason Shen was in danger, she was the reason they were failing in their duties. Akali gripped the piece of glass tightly in her hand, feeling the warmth of blood flow from between her fingers.

A knock on her door snapped her back into reality. She dropped the glass, walking over to the door and opening, not seeing Kennen immediately. “Akali? Is everything alright?” He asked, looking at her bloodied hand and tear-stained cheeks.

Akali stayed voiceless for a moment, unable to think of a valid reason to explain the current situation. Instead of coming up with an explanation, Akali merely fumbled for words until Kennen finally raised his hand to stop her. Akali didn’t fight the order and closed her mouth.

“Does it have to do with Shen?” Kennen asked almost too straightforward, as if he had known. Akali responded by nodding her head. “May I come in?” Another nod.

She closed the door behind the yordle and sat down on her bed. Kennen leaned on her wall, looking at her as she finally exploded into tears and cries. Kennen only watched as the woman bawled, curling up into a ball on her sheets. Her blood soaked hand staining the blankets on her bed.

It took minutes before her crying calmed into merely whimpering. Her eyes were swollen from the tears and her breathing was quickened. Kennen moved from his spot on the wall and hopped up on the bed, sitting down next to her. He had never seen Akali behave in such a way. She was crying, an action that showed weakness. Although mysterious as they were, the yordle understood that they were mortal.

He didn’t say a word as Akali’s whimpering soon died down into only sniffles. After she had calmed, Kennen finally asked a question. “Akali, why are you crying?”

Akali didn’t immediately answer; instead, she looked at him with swollen eyes. Kennen felt pity for her, she was so sorrowful from whatever had been bothering her. After moments of taking deep breaths, Akali finally answered.

“I have failed…This has been my life, succeeding my mother as The Fist of Shadow and yet, I have failed. I have failed you and Shen and the order. Everything I have done to this point has been for nothing.” Akali’s words were broken, separated by her whimpers and sniffling. “The worst part is Shen is faltering. He is losing sight of his duties and it’s all because of me.”

Kennen gave her a confused look before trying to reassure her, “Shen’s actions are his own. You have nothing to do with-“

“I am mothering his child,” Akali interrupted. Upon hearing the news, Kennen’s mouth became agape. He could never imagine his colleagues in such a way. As Kennen stared at her, Akali shielded her face. “I know…I’m sorry, I couldn’t control-“ Akali was interrupted by a burst of laughter from Kennen. He fell down on his back and rolled on her bed before falling off and striking the ground with a loud thud. His laughter turned into groans separated by chuckles.

Angered by Kennen’s reaction, Akali shot him a deadly look, one that everyone feared, after he had finished laughing. “And what do you find so amusing?!” She growled. Kennen looked up at her, a smile still spreading across his face.

“You’re sad because you’re having Shen’s baby? Shen is the strongest guy I know and you’re sad about having his bady? That is so rich.” Akali glared harder at Kennen, clearly he had not been paying attention.

“No, you imbecile, that is not what I am ‘sad’ about. Do you not understand that I have failed in my duty!? And because of me, Shen is too! Obviously you do not see the consequences!” Akali was borderline shouting at Kennen, although his expression didn’t change. He still had that stupid grin spread across his face even as Akali stared daggers at him.

Kennen sighed after Akali’s shouts, removing the smile from his face and replacing it with a sullen expression. “I guess I’ve learned more by not growing up with the order. I’m not sure you understand this, but everyone fails, even at what they do best. Shen and you both know how much I screw up on missions, but do I ever quit and just throw in the towel? No. There is an old saying that I’m sure you’ve heard. When you fall down,” Kennen leapt up to his feet, “You get right back up. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get back on track. I’m sure Shen would be disappointed if he saw you like this, questioning yourself and giving up because of such an insignificant reason.” Kennen walked out of the room, not even bothering to stay for Akali’s reaction. Instead, he slammed the door shut behind him as he left.

Akali sat alone in her room once more. The room was warm, and yet she felt a chill overtaking her. She looked down at her hand. The blood had since dried and cracked when she closed her palm, flakes of dried blood falling to the ground. The wound still oozed fresh blood, but at a slower rate. Akali walked to the bathroom and wrapped her hand in cloth, watching as the white wrap slowly began to adopt a red tint.

Kennen had been right; she couldn’t sit down and cry when there were deeds needing to be done. Their leader was in potential harm and she could not sit down idly by and pray he would come home. Akali dressed herself in casual clothing, comfortable and efficient. Grabbing one of her kamas, Akali looked at herself in the shards of the mirror on the ground. Her free hand reached for her pony tail and gripped it tightly. In one swift slash of her Kama, the long ponytail fell to the ground in a clump of hair. She stared at her visage in the shattered mirror once more, satisfied with her new appearance. She wrapped a cloak around herself before heading out of her door.

A few knocks on Kennen’s door enticed him to open it, seeing Akali dressed and with shorter hair. “What do you want?” He asked impatiently.

“Get dressed,” Akali replied sullenly.

“Why?”

“Shen is in Noxus.” Akali stated. “We’re going, no buts.” Kennen couldn’t help but grin.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

“Alright, I will help you,” Shen spoke. Talon merely nodded his head before leaning back on the wall of the alleyway. “Now tell me, where is Mordekaiser.”

“You’ll find him deeper in the slums…where the bodies are rotting.” As Shen began to walk, Talon followed behind him.

"What are you doing?" Shen inquired.

"When this is all over. You have a deal to uphold. I'm going to make sure you hold your end of the bargain," Talon explained. Shen merely grunted before keeping on his way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Alright guys, I know this one took me forever, but I looked at the date the last chapter was posted and realized that it is unacceptable for me to wait this long to write this. I promise I will not take this long to finish the next chapter and I have a new fanfic I'm planning once this one is over. And I mean it this time, I'm not going to juggle more than 2 ff at a time. Anyway, yeah, I'm completely sorry and I promise not to leave you guys hanging this long again. And if I do, I'll make it up to you somehow.

That aside, this chapter has a bit of meaning too me because of recent events. I don't remember who it was, but someone asked me about Kennen so I went and spent 4800 on him just to play him. I like his energetic attitude, but like in this chapter, he didn't grow up in the order and thus knows things that I'm sure Shen and Akali wouldn't understand, like failure as seen in this chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhLoso View Post
How did the trip go Zombie?
If only you knew....

Oshiet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

EEK. <3 I would love to see Akali with short hair. Glad you decided to involve Kennen more! Loving this chapterrrr.

WingsofButterfly

07-05-2012

Gah, love it & it was really worth the wait. I know you despised Kennen before, but I'm really glad you were to able get over that, to actually reflect your own life into him. (To be honest, I would've been very disappointed to have a story about the kinkou order, minus that 1/3).

Big, big props.

Loso

07-06-2012

Quote:
If only you knew....
Did something bad happen? If so, I'm sorry I brought it up D:

PatrickTheNoob

07-15-2012

I really like it. You are are a great writer.