How to Jungle Properly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoarIsMagical

02-19-2012

Hey I'm fairly new to LOL but I love the game. I've been playing as Warwick and jungling as that is what he is described as. I make alot of money this way but it seems that I always fall behind in levels compared to everyone else. Is there a general strategy to Jungling that I'm just not aware of? I play on Summoner's Rift against Bots. Currently playing Beginner but occasionally trying to play successful Intermediate games. Anyways, any constructive advice would be appreciated.
~Thanks

xBest Sodium Na

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

If you havent, which you probably have, look up a jungle guide and follow the camp sequence and you should stay in a good level range, be sure to get and help lanes when you need to which on bots probably wont happen often... play some pvp games to get used to it at first jungling was scary for me I had no idea when to gank and i was so focused on my next move... now i just play with friends on skype so its really chill and I get more relaxed and i think "f it im gonna gank here" without hesitating and Ive been beasting with amumu xD. I know ww is fast too so you should do fine, practise makes perfect !

Atzigan

02-19-2012

If in dire need get GP5 items like Heart of Gold. Or, follow what I'm following so far it's worked for me in every ranked game. start with cloth armor 5 pots, wolves, blue, wraiths, wolves, gank or red, wraiths golems, wolves gank. Ask a couple hits in wolves and leash blue even without those your health pots will help. If you do it properly the jungle mobs are always there.With warwick you wont be able to gank easily early game. but late game it'll be great. Focus on the carries. go tanky. with 2 offensive items. Although my final build varies depending on what they have. My core items are Frozen Heart enough cdr and great against ad champs, wits end, wriggles if i jungle if i dont i start with one dorans ring for a kick on the Q. Boots depending on the enemies sometimes I like using the swiftness or the boots of jesus that the passive is movement speed 5 when not attacking. That only when I need to move from lane to lane fast because my team is getting squished, if not, magic resist boots or sorcerers for some ap resist humping, and Madred's Bloodrazer works like a charm with your ult and against tanky people, get Spirit's visage if their team is super ap if not dont bother. Enough cdr from frozen heart but spirit's is cheaper I believe. I use the same masteries and runes for jungling and going solo top. Check'em out if you'd like if it works for you well I'm glad .

Atzigan

02-19-2012

A tanky brute warwick is a happy warwick

hotfire

02-20-2012

practice, you get a better feel of when you need to be farming and get an antsy feeling when you are too long away from xp.

Hyosun

02-20-2012

I have the same problem, but with different jungling champions. You have to be constantly farming your jungle to keep up in xp. If you do go for a gank and it isn't successful, you have fallen behind on exp and gold. So go for ganks only when you know it will be successful.

Another issue is the nature of the new jungle and warwick himself. The jungle patch months ago made all the jungle creeps easier to kill but give you less xp and gold. The only way to keep up with the other lanes are now to pick junglers that can clear camps quickly with aoe damage. These include Udyr, Shyvana, Mao, etc. This isn't to say that warwick can't be used, just an obstacle you can keep in mind in order to keep your jungle efficient. ( as said, follow recommended jungling paths )

The Interficio

02-21-2012

Wolves---->Blue--->Wraith---->Red/or Wolves Again

Clear as many camps as possible. Start with Cloth Armour 5 Potions if you have a tough time staying in jungle. Once you get more comfortable you can change the build a little.

Jungle is tough early on, especially since you are only level 13. Looking at your masteries I suggest you put 9 Point into the Offensive Tree for the Armour Debuff and extra Attack Speed.

Goodluck!

Atzigan

02-27-2012

Yeah try to always have camps available from place to place as Warwick at least. If you have no more creeps counter jungle get a gank communicate with the team and it'll be fine. Just tell them to not push hard and it'll be good. The jungle nerf was meh, but the patch that gave warwick that attack speed and little damage plus the runes and masteries make jungling pretty fast but tricky to gank. He is probably not the best jungler out there but I've dominated most of the time with him. Get last Q hits to champions takes a good chunk of damage. I mostly use him as top though. Jungling I prefer doing it with Shyvana, and I'm trying to master jungle talon although some people say it's troll it actually works really good with the E silence initiation, W slow q hard hit and Fatality with the ultimate. works every time. But you might wanna see your armor and all that. It is kinda a troll talon jungler but everything works. Hell, I've seen Alistair jungler often nowadays, he's awesome but needs ganks early game. Crazy things like that make the game interesting.