Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Monkey vs. Wolf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KhromeZ

02-19-2012

as a ww main i can tell u that u cant kill him in dom once he gets mercs SV FH and Wits unless they focus u for days, while still prolly killing 1 of them in the process. dont ever get a kitaes ever its not worth it. ult now goes off bonus ad so Black Cleaver is now ww's best friend shred that armor while ulting o jesus the pain

FDru

02-19-2012

WW is very strong 1v1 but monkey does more damage and has multiple AOEs. Not much of a comparison.

Of course if you have a team full of squishies WW is probably the better last pick. It's nice to have at least one tanky champ.

Kedoren

02-19-2012

WW for a bit more tankiness/support, Wukong for a bit more damage.

HaIfhearted

02-19-2012

Assuming you play draft mode, you're almost NEVER going to be able to actually play Wukong due to his near perma-ban status.

Prometheius

02-19-2012

Jesus freaking christ, are you all low Elo or something? I see more WW bans than Kong because WW is far stronger and requires 3v1 while Kong can get taken out with a reveal item.

Denambren

02-20-2012

Both champs are top of the top for Dominion. They will always be picked if they are not banned.

As for which one to play, It really depends on your playstyle. Having both on your team is better than having just one, so there is really no negative side to picking either. Just pick the one you enjoy playing most, or the one that your team currently needs.

BigDaddyDelish

02-21-2012

I've had more success in taking down Warwick than Wukong. Picking strong kiters and building things like Brutalizer, Black Cleaver, and/or Last Whisper really helps cut him down when he stacks nothing but armor against you. Cassio is also extremely good vs Warwick, really anyone with substantial kiting can at least not die to him. Anti-heal goes a long way vs him too I find.

Wukong is banned all the time though for a very good reason. He's only got one trick, but it's ridiculously easy to pull off while still being super effective. To be honest, I think Wu is the stronger pick all around but Warwick is definitely a very strong contestant. At 1900+, Warwick is definitely very strong but I think Wukong in the bigger picture has less he has less that can stop him.

I'd go with Warwick though just because you'll get more opportunities to play as him and he's still really effective. And my bias is coming out but I ****ing hate facing Wukong.

Whi

02-21-2012

Monkey>Wolf

Glorious Bird

02-22-2012

Quote:
Prometheius:
Jesus freaking christ, are you all low Elo or something? I see more WW bans than Kong because WW is far stronger and requires 3v1 while Kong can get taken out with a reveal item.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah.. His cloak is not even close to the problem with or the strengths of Wukong. Mid-game and onward Wukong needs to give little **** about being sighted by an enemy given he can drop people like flies with his combo - or just his Q at a point. He is not Eve or Twitch and has to worry about safe positioning and has a tiny window of opportunity. He's beefy and has some of the highest damage in the game.

I'm not saying WW isn't strong or close to WK level (I always keep both banned unless someone has an interest in playing), but Life Steal and WW's "damage" are just as manageable if not more so.

Ahlen

02-22-2012

WW will probably move to a top ban slot as people realize that his changes made him even better than he was before.