Heimer + Alistar = OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mercurius

10-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
Push a different lane, and Heimer does not have enough time to deploy all his turrets, leaving them to be easy pickings.
Wrong. His turrets have a cooldown of less than 10 seconds. It doesn't take him any time at all.

EchoRex

10-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
Wrong. His turrets have a cooldown of less than 10 seconds. It doesn't take him any time at all.
He can rebuild just the turrets in ~50 seconds. To get them all upgraded it takes about 4-5 minutes.

OctopusDropkick

10-17-2009

Just played vs a Heimer + Alistar lane. Heimer was on my team and focused into a defensive position, I was fooling around and testing the Jester. I was able to get rid of his turrets by throwing promote on one of the leading creeps which would take the lionshare of damage, duplicating with his ult, and running in and pounding them, then teleporting away. I was able to remove them ok.

Try changing lanes with your team mates if you can't handle it. Maybe you just have a bad combo, but I was able to remove them with a melee character.

Kendrick Ultimus

10-17-2009

I have fought and played this combo, so I know both sides of the coin. There's a near unanimous agreement that this combo is severely overpowered in one respect, and I strongly agree that it needs to be toned down but there are a few inherent flaws.

I will be very honest and say that anyone who says this team is not overpowered is full of it. I've played against many teams that have tried to counter us, and in several of those games they would gather their entire team to rush us, but they would be completely destroyed by Alistar + Heimer, and a lot of times they couldn't kill even one of our turrets. I'm sorry, but no hero or 2 man team should ever be capable of defeating all 5 heroes at once at an even level. I am saying this as a person who uses the Alistar + Heimer combo.

Getting that out of the way, even though this team is very powerful, thanks to the balance of LoL, this is only a gimmick team that has 2 extreme flaws.

1) This is a gimmick that essentially requires 2 heroes to camp a lane to succeed. This means your team only has 3 people to defend the other lanes. When I've played against high ELO teams, they would ignore our turret farm and 5 rush other lanes. Our 3 teammates were outmatched by their 5 and they were able to break all our other turrets. We've actually lost a game because of this and made me realize that this combo, although very overpowered, is merely a gimmick, and CAN be countered. Given this, I still think it needs to be toned down or addressed because of the amount of effort/difficulty needed to counter this is ridiculous.

2) If you are sick and tired of getting owned by Alitsar+Heimer or Anything+Heimer, play Twitch. Twitches' super hits ALL targets in a line, and a good Twitch player can destroy all of heimer's turrets in 6 or 7 shots, 9 shots if Alistar is healing. The one team that we lost against, had a decent Twitch player, but not even he knew that he could easily break all our turrets until about ~30 minutes in.

Essentially, this team is extremely good for pug stomping, but it CAN be beaten with an organized team. The trick is to not even bother trying to fight us, there's nothing you can do. Even 5v2 it's just suicide. The best thing you CAN do is to rush our other lanes and kill our towers/inhibitors before we can finish pushing/camping your lane.

Nerdrage

10-17-2009

All I have to say is:

I'm seeing a lot less Yi, that's a start for me. :P

Heimer is ridiculous though, but you guys have to account for the trend Riot has of making hero's OP on release (for the most part) in order for people to playtest it, and give it a bit of a following in regards to playstyle, however, doing that with heimer is a real pain in the ass because it makes games last a good 10-15 minutes longer than they should.

Kendrick Ultimus

10-17-2009

I've played against a lot of Yi's, thought he was ridiculous at first, but I no longer see Yi's as a threat in my team games anymore. Yi is great for pug stomping, but he is mediocre for arranged team games because of his lack of snares, stuns, or traps. Then again I also dominate Yi's as Blitzcrank.

Shadowen

10-17-2009

Dunno if this was mentioned but if you want a super deadly combo with Heimer, its not Alistar.. its Blitzcrank.

Octovert

10-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowen View Post
Dunno if this was mentioned but if you want a super deadly combo with Heimer, its not Alistar.. its Blitzcrank.
Anyone with a forced move ability - singed would be another fun one. Most of what makes these combos heinous requires a fair amount of coordination and communication - which if you have that you're probably going to be thwarting your enemies regardless of who you are.

Cosmic Power

10-17-2009

I just fought the same combination and it is BEYOND RIDICULOUS! Heimerdinger is the worst champion ever made topping even Mundo!

Octovert

10-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Power View Post
I just fought the same combination and it is BEYOND RIDICULOUS! Heimerdinger is the worst champion ever made topping even Mundo!
are you suggesting that Mundo is too powerful? Or that heimerdinger is useless?