Heimer + Alistar = OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeryus StCroix View Post
So I should play something that's not fun for me to try and counter something that's even less fun. Flawed.
It. Is. A. Team. Game.

Have someone else run a counter hero, change lanes if it is in your lane, or be a leaver because you don't want to adapt.

Whining to make everything counterable by the specific and narrow playstyle you have doesn't really make sense, now does it?

God SoRcuS

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
It. Is. A. Team. Game.

Have someone else run a counter hero, change lanes if it is in your lane, or be a leaver because you don't want to adapt.

Whining to make everything counterable by the specific and narrow playstyle you have doesn't really make sense, now does it?
I. Play. To. Have. Fun. I am not a nerd. So saying only one or two heroes can lane against him, or saying that just because he is there I have to change lanes, but only to know that there are only very few champs who can hold their own against this guy. What about games where we don't have the 1 or 2 champs? No one is whining, it is their opinion. IF you don't like it or can't give well thought out reply, then don't.

Please Note, I don't say he is OP. But he is irritating to the point of frustration. And Combined with Alistar he might be the gayest hero yet in the game.

Spikey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2009

I can understand how an Alister Heim combo would be very annoying to break and cause an almost impenetrable defense, but it is 2 heroes defending allowing the rest of your team to hopefully push other lanes.

Played against BLITZ and Heim, now that's deadly. Think you're safe from the sentry nest THINK AGAIN, pull. stun. dead.

EchoRex

10-16-2009

No, many heroes counter just him, not many heroes counter that specific combination of those two heroes.

A key difference.

And playing to have fun would also be playing to not whine would it not? If you get a bad match up, leave the lane if possible. The great thing about Heim/Alistair combination, which is so hard to counter, is that it is only hard to counter when they are sitting on those turrets.

Here's your strat for countering that specific combination: Let the creep wave get pushed back where the turrets can't hit without them having to be reconstructed. As they are reconstructed, kill them off, which you and your lane partner should be able to just rip them down (two person lane vs two person lane, you WERE smart enough to call someone else in weren't you? Or is it FUN somehow to just get owned?).

And yes, Blitz/Heim is much worse, but also counterable with AE crowd control and damage.

Nex Sanctum

10-16-2009

If you are going to run a game where blind picking champions is the norm, you have to balance them around this. LUCK should not be the deciding factor in winning games. There are certain champion combinations that, when used properly, are practically unstoppable unless you just so happen to have champions X and Y on your team. This type of gameplay is fine when you are able to counterpick champions, but is not acceptable for blind picks.

Aekero

10-16-2009

imo heals shouldn't hit those turrets in the first place, especially not Alistars, I can definitely see some counters to this, but it still seems broken with that combo.

God SoRcuS

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantshard View Post
if you are going to run a game where blind picking champions is the norm, you have to balance heroes around this. Luck should not be the deciding factor in winning games. There are certain champion combinations that, when used properly, are practically unstoppable unless you just so happen to have champions x and y on your team. This type of gameplay is fine when you are able to counterpick champions, but is not acceptable for blind picks.
qft

Logo

10-16-2009

There are actually a lot of really good Heim combos.

Heim + Soraka for Infuse + Heal = massive turret and rocket/nade spam
Heim + Alister as being mentioned
Heim + Blitz to pull into turrets
Heim + Singe would work as well
Heim + Kayle (her atk speed aura should affect the turrets and she can heal them)

He's really flexible.

On his current status, I think he's really bad for the game. he can be countered, he can be beated, but all he does is two things:

1- Delay and prolong games this would apply both at the competitive and normal level I believe. There's nothing good about ruining the fast gameplay of LoL, it's what makes it fun!
2- Pub Stomp, getting pubs to pick non-melee non-carry champions is impossible, you might as well ask someone to solo the entire enemy team. When you are further narrowing it down to someone picking a champion with a long range spammable AoE nuke or pushing ability... well then really good luck, you'll need it.

So basically he's bad for pubs and he's bad for organized games. Doesn't really seem to be a fitting champion by any means.

Atmosfear

10-16-2009

The turrets are both a blessing and a curse, depending on how you engage the opponent.

If Heimer's got his wall at his lane, that lane is basically untouchable.

Push a different lane, and Heimer does not have enough time to deploy all his turrets, leaving them to be easy pickings.

Aiden2002

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logo View Post
There are actually a lot of really good Heim combos.

Heim + Soraka for Infuse + Heal = massive turret and rocket/nade spam
Heim + Alister as being mentioned
Heim + Blitz to pull into turrets
Heim + Singe would work as well
Heim + Kayle (her atk speed aura should affect the turrets and she can heal them)

He's really flexible.

On his current status, I think he's really bad for the game. he can be countered, he can be beated, but all he does is two things:

1- Delay and prolong games this would apply both at the competitive and normal level I believe. There's nothing good about ruining the fast gameplay of LoL, it's what makes it fun!
2- Pub Stomp, getting pubs to pick non-melee non-carry champions is impossible, you might as well ask someone to solo the entire enemy team. When you are further narrowing it down to someone picking a champion with a long range spammable AoE nuke or pushing ability... well then really good luck, you'll need it.

So basically he's bad for pubs and he's bad for organized games. Doesn't really seem to be a fitting champion by any means.
I've played the alistar/heim combo. It's a good combo, but still easily beaten. Don't let us mass 6 level 3 turrets. If we do, get some ranged people to take them out. that heal has a 12 second cooldown. it goes down by 4 seconds for every enemy that dies. Don't attack with ranged spells when there are creeps because of the short cooldown. If you don't have ranged, ignore us and throw 3-4 people in another lane and push the **** out of it. That will force us to pull back. If we don't, you punch a whole into our base, kill our inhibitor and then finish off the nexus. If we pull back, you push another lane. Eventually we have to turtle on our last two inhibitors. jungle up some money and come in with crazy damage items and murder everyone. it's really simple. It's a strategy that only works on noobish people.