Heimer + Alistar = OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lomesh

10-16-2009

Just finished a game where we were laning against a heimer alistar combo. It was impossible to make any progress, they couldn't even be ganked 4v2. Both had heal, they both went for innervating locket, allistar just spammed his hero heal constantly, they used summoner heal when they ran into any trouble. If we targeted a turret we had to fight through the hero damage, trying to deal enough to kill this turrent through alistars heals. If we managed it, right before it died Heimer would upgrade his turrent and put it back to full health. We then would have to continue to beat the **** out of it with alistar healing it again, if it got low, summoner heal, got low again, summoner heal again. It was pointless to target the turrets individually. Targetting the heroes was useless due to the amount of heal they have in the lane and the fact they could fall back into the farm of 6 turrets that we could not kill. I am experienced in both DotA and LoL, i pulled a consistent 60-65% win ratio over the 150 games before reset. This isn't a random noob QQing, this is a huge problem. If you can think of any tactics to try to counter this, please, post them, but remember you cant know how it will work out untill you face this combo with an organised group.

TLDR
Both have heal summoner spell and innervating locket, makes turrets invincible.

Valcurdra

10-16-2009

Only way to stop this is with a hero with good ranged aoe like gangplank or veigar otherwise yeah your pretty screwed against this tactic.

Nex Sanctum

10-16-2009

Yeah, I was in this game. Despite the fact that we had a terrible matchup, this combo is pretty broken.

Manbreakfast

10-16-2009

Agreed 100%
Just played a game against heimer, it was ridiculous.
no blue bull in play but this was a pub game. he just healed and heald and AP and heal. At one point he made a pocket in the bushes behind our still full health turret where he holed up and raped everyone in a 4v1 I got away cus of shaco's stealth flash. This is rediculous and so is Heimers health ratio

OctopusDropkick

10-16-2009

Try playing Sivir. If Heimer is the Immovable Object Sivir is the Irresistible Force.

I've been playing her exclusively since the update due to everyone playing Heimer. She just steamrolls over him.

Really, make sure your team has at least one good pusher on it. Try a balanced team. If you're just playing a bunch of ganking carriers, you're going to have issues.

Nex Sanctum

10-16-2009

The biggest issue is that EARLY game, Heimer's turrets are way too strong. I agree that mid-late game they aren't a problem, but the issue is by the time you get to mid-late game you are already too far behind. From levels 1-6 there is absolutely nothing you can do against Heimer.

jyajin

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctopusDropkick View Post
Try playing Sivir. If Heimer is the Immovable Object Sivir is the Irresistible Force.

I've been playing her exclusively since the update due to everyone playing Heimer. She just steamrolls over him.

Really, make sure your team has at least one good pusher on it. Try a balanced team. If you're just playing a bunch of ganking carriers, you're going to have issues.
You are missing the point, the OP was talking about Alistar and Heimer raping lanes. I don't think you will understand unless you have played against them. IT WAS HORRIBLE.

EchoRex

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyajin View Post
You are missing the point, the OP was talking about Alistar and Heimer raping lanes. I don't think you will understand unless you have played against them. IT WAS HORRIBLE.
Stacked Attack Speed Sivir and they can heal all they want, it'll just take a few more throws the towers are going down. And any minions. And maybe Heim with an outside chance of Alistair also if he has no armor and HP stacking items.

Shiny Carnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctopusDropkick View Post

So I should play something that's not fun for me to try and counter something that's even less fun. Flawed.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

10-16-2009

By any chance were you playing with me and my freind? We did that combo twice today It rapes.

My freind who played Heimerdinger went 22-2 one game....