Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good Idea for a Champion

No, dont like it 20 14.08%
Maybe needs some changes 37 26.06%
Yes, it is a prety good Idea 85 59.86%
Voters 142 .

[Character Concept], Arilian, Queen of the Elements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havoc202

02-24-2012

Your the first to say something about the passive

Mitsa Nutita

02-24-2012

Hi

I will not be able to post such a comprehensive review as you.
I think personally most of it seems fine, though you might not have accounted for her passive in her ultimate I must say, the AS might be a tad to much.

The other part is maybe you should simplify [E]

Quote:
E - Totemic Explosion - Arilian places a water totem that pours out water at target area. The Totem Casts a sheild to the Lowest Health Percent Allied Champion in the Range of Totem. Enemies within the flowing water are slowed by a 20%. If the sheild is destroyed the totem will disappear doing no damage. If 3 Seconds pass and everyone is safe Arilian can explode the totem dealing damage in a small Blast radius. Totem health and Sheild Health do not share a Health Pool. If the Totem Is Destroyed then the sheild is removed. If the Sheild is remove the totem will explode doing no damage. Lasts for 8 seconds. Not able to be AoE'd down. Must be targeted

Maybe it should be:
Quote:
E - Totemic Explosion - Arilian places a water totem in front of her that pours out water at target area. The Totem redirects all damage allies take within it's area of effect to it self and slows all enemies by 20%, you may activate the ability again before the Totem is destroyed to make it explode dealing damage to all enemies in the AOE. Lasts for 8 seconds.

Cooldown : 100 Seconds after Totem is gone
Totem Health : 160/320/480/640/800 (+ 1 AP)
Explosion Damage : 100/150/200/250/300 (+ .5 AP)
Range: 500
AOE: 300
Mana Cost : 100/105/110/115/120

Personally I think this would be better, it would probably be better, and alot easier to understand, takes less text (So it can be in the pop up) and the part about it being indestructable for some seconds is weird. This would also make it more viable in team fights and makes AOE a counter to it, if popped at the right time it can save a team from dying or deal damage to all enemies if timed and placed correctly, making it as much a skill shot as a support skill.

Just my 5 cents and idea.

Havoc202

02-24-2012

Quote:
Mitsa Nutita:
Hi

I will not be able to post such a comprehensive review as you.
I think personally most of it seems fine, though you might not have accounted for her passive in her ultimate I must say, the AS might be a tad to much.

The other part is maybe you should simplify [E]

Maybe it should be:

Personally I think this would be better, it would probably be better, and alot easier to understand, takes less text (So it can be in the pop up) and the part about it being indestructable for some seconds is weird. This would also make it more viable in team fights and makes AOE a counter to it, if popped at the right time it can save a team from dying or deal damage to all enemies if timed and placed correctly, making it as much a skill shot as a support skill.

Just my 5 cents and idea.

100 Sec Cd? That is an ulti cool but this a move she uses

Limeaid

02-24-2012

Mista was meanign a 10 seconded cd and that would be fine Imo Make the Change.

Havoc202

02-24-2012

Has been updated

Limeaid

02-24-2012

I have an idea for the joke its kinda corny and fits a league of legends type joke. "I sense a distrubance in the elements, opps nvm i just broke wind."

Havoc202

02-24-2012

In 5 Days this thread has hit 1000 views and I have gotten some useful reviews. This toon seems to be shaping up well and I am glad to see that. Next landmark in my milestone is getting 2000 views. For anyone intrested in Review is welcome and Dont Forget to vote on the poll. Thanks!

In High Regards
Havoc202

Walker21

02-24-2012

Quote:
Havoc202:
Okay Looking at your Review there are key points that I am willing to move on and say I agree with you. But there are a few points that I dont seem to really understand what you are trying to do.

Passive : The Chain Lightning is her passive and yes helps farming but this also ment to help in a team fight so why shouldnt it be able to hit Champions? That is what I was confused on when you put a Q here? I was wondering why that was...

Q : This one move imparticular is not her Skill Shot at all this her spamming move to help do some damage and it already has an AoE effect. This move you click on the champion/minion that you want to hit you Molten Fury with and you hit them and leave the splash damage to the others surrounding the target. When you land this move on the target you click when you first casted this move doesnt get hit by splash damage but a burn that does 25% additional damage to the target. So I dont think changing anything about this move will help her.

W : This is her Skill Shot this the one where you have to hit a champion or minion and is based on your targeting. While yes the damage is a bit low I am considering maybe increasing it damage and lowering the Snare about .25 but other then that this move is alright by it self.

E : This is where I think you and I will disagree most. As For the Health Pool/Vice Versa situations. I can clarify that but I thought it was straight forward. The Totem and the Sheild will NOT Share a Health Pool Because then it becomes easy to have someone attacking the sheilded and attacking the totem. But I can seperate and clarify the opposites. I am going to brood over wether or not I am going to take some of the sheild health and Damage down but I will not change the Ap ratio if it goes down something has to compensate for the shield and lowering the Ap will not help. If It I do it wont be by much. And For how strong the sheild is Look at a Morgana Sheild and a Sion Sheild They are pretty strong when you build Ap Sion and Morgana's tends to be strong any way because of the Ap build your making. The Sheild is staying on the champion for 8 seconds after it is casted anyway. So the totem will not move with me when I run away. The Reason you have a slow is also to help this champion escape because other then her W it is only really big escape tool.

R : Elemental Rage, This move has a stacking ability for damage not for the bonus. The Stacks are entirely made for the damage. So it doesnt make this champion over powered. So you dont get 150 Ad, 100 ap or 300% As.

For the base stats the reason we did it this way was because she is going to be a melee fighter. She goes in and hits minions with her Weapon not sitting away from the group of minions throwing a elemental bolt everyone once in a while. That is why we gave her some more stamina and alittle less mana to help with that. So the Stats I really will look over and see if I really need some changes there.

As for the Lore, I know it is a bit weak right now... It was something that I had thought of and really hadnt expanded much on. I will plan to rewrite it and make it sound alittle more fun and explain alittle But I will read Malphites Lore and see if it helps me at all...

As for your Overall Summary, I believe I did leave explinations on why I made the move the way I did, I left how you would combo being this champion... I feel like you didnt read this at all. It might have cleared up some of what you said. But Then again you could have and might have still came up with this but a very well thought out review

Also Thank you for taking the time to review my Champion. I really do appericiate the feedback!

With High Regards
Havoc202

Follow up for Arilian, Queen of the Elements

These will be responses to your questions and comments you made on parts I reviewed:

Passive: What I meant was that you should still have it hit champions but the damage should only be halved vs. minions, not champions.

Q: What i meant was that you could have the skill be targeted but it also leaves behind an area of fire that burns enemies over time that walk through it, much like Shyvvana's trail of fire when she's in dragon form. But if you don't want to change it that's fine.

W: My reasoning behind what i said was if you had it snare the first target you hit you'd never hit an enemy champion.

E: Like I said before, the way you worded it it sounded exactly like they were sharing a health pool considering you said that if one got destroyed the other was effected. If you really mean they don't share a health pool then don't say that one will effect the other when one's health pool reaches zero. As for the shield strength, Karma is a borderline support that has a high ap ratio on her shield, Morgana's shield both allows the champion to not take cc and only effects magic damage, not all damage and Sion's shield is only too himself, he's a caster and if the shield is broken he can't deal damage. Just take a look at some champions that can give shields to allies and compare it to yours.

R: The way you wrote it it sounded like your damage scaled off of each auto attack, you should clarify more when defining abilities because I actually got confused by what you meant.

Base stats: From the way your abilities are set up she feels more like a borderline support caster like Karma, if you want to make her a melee bruiser I recommend changing some of her ratio's and reworking some of her abilities.

Honestly I did read some of your reasoning behind your abilities but I didn't include them in my analysis. I just went by what would be balanced vs. what you wanted out of Arilian, sorry.

Your welcome, I hope Arilian becomes popular.

Limeaid

02-24-2012

Very well worded Walker I believe you ideas make some sense. the w is feel would be difficult to land but not any more difficult to land than a morgana. that is why the E is their for a slow correct me if im wrong Havoc. As i Do believe this champion has great potential at making the fine line cut that riot has created. Being that this champ is unique however the kit wont make sense really until the players play it imo.

Havoc202

02-24-2012

Quote:
Walker21:
Follow up for Arilian, Queen of the Elements

These will be responses to your questions and comments you made on parts I reviewed:

Passive: What I meant was that you should still have it hit champions but the damage should only be halved vs. minions, not champions.

Q: What i meant was that you could have the skill be targeted but it also leaves behind an area of fire that burns enemies over time that walk through it, much like Shyvvana's trail of fire when she's in dragon form. But if you don't want to change it that's fine.

W: My reasoning behind what i said was if you had it snare the first target you hit you'd never hit an enemy champion.

E: Like I said before, the way you worded it it sounded exactly like they were sharing a health pool considering you said that if one got destroyed the other was effected. If you really mean they don't share a health pool then don't say that one will effect the other when one's health pool reaches zero. As for the shield strength, Karma is a borderline support that has a high ap ratio on her shield, Morgana's shield both allows the champion to not take cc and only effects magic damage, not all damage and Sion's shield is only too himself, he's a caster and if the shield is broken he can't deal damage. Just take a look at some champions that can give shields to allies and compare it to yours.

R: The way you wrote it it sounded like your damage scaled off of each auto attack, you should clarify more when defining abilities because I actually got confused by what you meant.

Base stats: From the way your abilities are set up she feels more like a borderline support caster like Karma, if you want to make her a melee bruiser I recommend changing some of her ratio's and reworking some of her abilities.

Honestly I did read some of your reasoning behind your abilities but I didn't include them in my analysis. I just went by what would be balanced vs. what you wanted out of Arilian, sorry.

Your welcome, I hope Arilian becomes popular.

Passive : Only half to minions? I would say maybe but I think it should be fair for after some one recieves the intial damage (whether it be a champion or minion) that it should go down because in a team fight I dont want this to be some explosive passive that can do a whole lot of damage.

Q: I know I saw that But as for your move it was a suggestion but I think it was well settled

W : How wouldnt you hit a Champion? She stomps on the earth and while yes it cracks the earth it is like a morgana Snare. It would still hit a minion but if the Champion is in the open I honestly dont see how it wont work... I am curious to see maybe Alittle more insight for understanding.

E : From the last review I have changed this ability up and it might be alittle better for utility and team fights.

R : This ablity does not have the Bonus's it gives Stacks So what you were saying about having 700% Attack Speed isnt true. The stacks are like a debuff and at the end of her ultimate those stacks blow up gving damage to the enemy champion and to those who are close by...

Base stats arent the easiest things to do but I am open for discussion them I just dont want her to be really squishy to were no one wants to play her but I dont want her so Op.

In High Regards
Havoc202