Release Notes v1.0.0.97

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMNIpotusCOM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

I'm glad Revive can be cast without breaking stealth! That was my whole idea of playing Shaco =)

Khamaul

07-29-2010

This actually is really disappointing for me... To be honest I did not feel like Xin Zhao was to over powered at all but there were a lot of people complaining... I was open to a slight nerf to have the masses stop QQing about him but I think this was a bit to much. He is almost not worth playing anymore. Just watch though, this new champ Vlad will get swarmed with just as many whiners just because he is the new champ.

Lightly Salted

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamaul View Post
This actually is really disappointing for me... To be honest I did not feel like Xin Zhao was to over powered at all but there were a lot of people complaining... I was open to a slight nerf to have the masses stop QQing about him but I think this was a bit to much. He is almost not worth playing anymore. Just watch though, this new champ Vlad will get swarmed with just as many whiners just because he is the new champ.
You have to keep in mind that when new champions come out, they are basically untested. Riot will do a lot of review of the characters on their PTR's and in house development, but that's really only a small sample size of what can be done with the characters.

Riot tends to err on the side of overpowering characters at release time (probably for reasons of sales) and then tweaks characters down to a reasonable level once they've collected enough information.

A great number of games will do exactly this (World of Warcraft is one such example) where they use their live servers as a real means of developmental tweaking. I, for one, don't really mind this scenario because it allows the company to create more content in a shorter amount of time.

Nospherato

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggarok View Post
So Mordekaiser gets nerfed, and no compensation?
That was a bug, not a factor of the Children of the Grave skill. Therefore, he was fixed. Not nerfed. He was never supposed to permanently gain AP from using that skill. Don't call the disability to abuse a bug a "nerf".

ˆºˆ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

People, stop making fun of the fact that revive can be cast without breaking stealth.

Someone is stealthed with low hp. Someone with oracle's kills them before stealth is broken.

REVIVE! Still stealthed. OK?

Tanner2000

07-29-2010

uhhhh im pretty sure that Olaf's Undertow ability was changed.

Because the undertow attack used to have a certain amount of damage that also had some added from 30% of your attack power. Now the undertow shows the certain damage is does with a +number (is in red) So im kinda confused that this board does not say anything about it.

freerunnersam

07-29-2010

i swear, every patch, kayle gets nerfed. like she needs nerfing >.> and still waiting for the sion stun nerf

Pyjamas

07-29-2010

looks nice here but they really failed to nerf xin

OrgasmGirL

07-29-2010

finally vladimir isnt op at all =)

Lithica

07-29-2010

why did they nerf kat???? What QQrs complained about our beloved balanced kat needing a nerf? >.<
xin will probably still be annoying though. WTF? nerf sions stun???? i play sion alot and it doesnt need a nerf? you probably suck if manage to get killed by it...