Release Notes v1.0.0.97

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptwisted View Post
i agree with u partially, and the partial point is very important that these weaker champions need a boost so people can play more then 5 really good champions. i see the winning team always have the ashe anni amumu (taric or sorak) and 1 more aoe burster. usually in the form of rammus or some other tank. that team is very hard to kill and has enough aoe to burst down an entire team WITHOUT AIMING. with no real way to counter this except wards and bd this makes for a very fustrating game. RIOT PLZ FIX THIS PROBLEM

why is ashe so cheap when she is so good. why does evelynn cost more when she fails more then any other champion. sure she is super fun (probly y she cost more) but she is super weak and its makeing people really hate playing with me.
Oh my god. I feel your pain. I wont go into Ranked Matches.

My very first ranked match, I told team i was picking Eve and that she's like my best bet as she's who I mainly play.

My team's leader banned her. And the others just trashed talked me for the entire rest of the game.

Does taking the weakest champion in the game, turning her into a killing machine, and overcoming the obstacles meant to put her down constitute being a "total f*king raterded newb"?

Yes, Riot. This is what people say about us Evelynn players... They actually insult us, not the champ. It is because they see the way you treat Evelynn. It wont stop. Once you do buff her, she will go the route of Ezreals and Pirates and any other champion who was in the limelight and overused because of some stupid patch buff.

*Xurreal is in Berserk Rage mode and unable to control herself.*

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbiter View Post
I guess noone ever knew this, but if you try to steal, at least with eve, while trying to run away then you die, you become stealthed while dead. So revive not breaking stealth is a huge eve buff!

... but seriously i loved smiting minions while stealthed in lanes it was how i got gold early game.
You're suggesting that i take my evelynn and use up a free summoner spell slot for the Revive Spell just to fix a bug that occurs if you die within the maximum 5 second duration of fade time that comes with her stealth if she's struck while fading?

You must not realize it, but that really is a bug. She isn't actually stealthed... the toggle is just on...

Toggles are supposed to be suppressed when you die. The bug is that her Shadow Walk stealth fade-in time is never cancelled upon death, its actually extended the length of the dead-period.

arthur93

07-28-2010

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Man, I was right AGAIN! They DO nerf every new champion! They make new champions OP so people can buy them with RP, then they nerf them to balance the game out. Since this is a free game I'm not angry what so ever. But this is clever.

Xurreal

07-28-2010

Final Thoughts...

Overall... a good patch.

I think you should reverse the Summoner Spell Stealth break changes and find another way though. Evelynn plays completely different now. She's so much more vulnerable than she was before, and thats saying alot considering what the rest of the League has to say.

You asked who was the weakest, and maybe you didn't realize that you took what little options she had to strike Melee while Stealthed away from her, but you sure did.

You made her hard. She's really hard to play with now that she can take very few actions while stealthed. You cant rely on progressive spells anymore, save for Ghost.

I'm not sure what the difference between Ghost and Flash really is. Why does Ghost not break stealth, but Flash does? Ghost in the long run gets you farther than Flash could. Flash does have a bit of extra safety to it with jumping over walls, but it has to be done correctly.

Either way, being able to survive with Evelynn is becoming increasingly more difficult with each patch. Especially as more Champions get their buffs, and as the Newer Champions grow successively stronger as each one is released.

I don't know if you really care... we've heard nothing in regards to plans for Evelynn on the forums since 3 months ago. But if you do care... yeah take a look at her, she's suffering. No, she's suffocating.

And I have a bad feeling that you guys will not revert the changes to the stealth system because its easier to encode it the way you have it instead of encoding it to effect the person its really intended for.

Say it ain't so.

theendsummarily

07-28-2010

Riot, could you re-enable single-player practice games? I play them to avoid ruining 30-60 mins of game time for 9 other people when I want to try a new character/strategy.

Many thanks in advance.

Gyrogyro

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampeanito View Post
According to me and my friends calcs, he will continue to be OP even with 1 or 2 nerfs...
You know exactly how much tweaking Riot will do in each patch?? Wow, you and your friends must be psychics! That must be pretty cool!! What's like? God you are so gifted and lucky!!

iDied

07-28-2010

ok guys there is an easy way to identify shaco and fakee shaco.......hold g and press the real one b4 it ults, if you are able to target him and mark him you will see the target mark on the real shaco, just pointing it out

VampireCoffee

07-28-2010

When you guys reset masteries in a patch, you should notify players. I don't obsessively check my masteries when I'm playing the same character over and over, so I didn't notice.

Eruend

07-29-2010

Wondering when Udyr gets his phoenix procs back at 3 hits.

Xurreal

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireCoffee View Post
When you guys reset masteries in a patch, you should notify players. I don't obsessively check my masteries when I'm playing the same character over and over, so I didn't notice.
Thats what happened?

I was like blowing up at how poorly i was doing in every game after the patch, but i never checked my masteries. Now i know...

Yeah... thats just apart of customer service, Riot.

Please, if you do anything so drastic that changes a players individual settings without their acknowledgment, at least make it a point to let us know. It's good Quality of Life practices, and its what makes the difference between a server of happy folks and gloomy negative people.