The mindset of TSM going into last nights series.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iMyung

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190x7plus7 View Post
He's supposed to be thinking of new ways to play, and how to deploy different strats that work in his team's favour (e.g. not making Oddone play aggressive jungler like Lee Sin or Shyv, not making TRM play AD Kennen top). Or even better yet, making them learn different heroes. Regi single-handedly made TSM get facerolled against CLG.
Regi does not have _that_ much of a say in everything. Oddone plays Lee Sin because he likes Lee Sin and has been practicing Shyvana a lot because she's a top tier jungler. The team play what they like. He doesn't make anyone play anything.

Quote:
M5 beating them had more of an impact than you think, it changed how they played.. Because it hurt their ego so badly to lose to M5. That's why they stated M5 would be the top team to beat in 2012.
It changed how they played because it works, not because "it hurt their ego."

They just need more practice.

In the Kings of Europe Tourney, M5 had something like 2 total kills while CLG.eu had something like 15, and CLG.eu was dominating all game. Yet M5 was a stone wall for CLG all game, had nearly the same gold, was winning many skirmishes, and it came down to the skin of their teeth. One extremely close team battle that would have won M5 the game had they won it.

And that's with being dominated all early game. Imagine if they had the early game lead instead, they would have stomped CLG.eu. M5 is without a doubt a force to be reckoned with.

Zero TL

02-19-2012

The thing with snowball meta is once you get counter picked... you cant snowball. For example, Sion cant just run up on anivia without getting bent over. Therefore he couldnt make plays that would get him rolling

SamiNami

02-19-2012

The stall meta is just very strong vs snowball :I CLG has always played very passive, just farming not taking any risks and waiting for the lategame heros to kick in.

Makhiavelli

02-19-2012

I haven't been keeping up with the competitive scene after Kiev. How is M5 doing?

Marcus Levithus

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreQz View Post
The thing with snowball meta is once you get counter picked... you cant snowball. For example, Sion cant just run up on anivia without getting bent over. Therefore he couldnt make plays that would get him rolling
That's true. Sometimes I think viewers underestimate the impact of the counter-pick or even the potential counter-pick. It is SO vital to pick carefully and I think it's silly for a team to TOTALLY counterpick or TOTALLY ignore counterpicking. I think there is a medium that should be achieved, in both team composition(team fights) and counterpicking.

Reginalds Sion has been lackluster, I think other AP carries bring SOO much more to team fights. I've heard people say, "But Sion FORCES them to go on Regi".. That doesn't really hold true as longer-ranged AP carries have a much bigger impact on a team fight - IE the ability to actually damage someone who isn't directly infront of you.

Always sad to see the Sion AP mid pick as it just seems to fall off at the end so hard. Again, all about that snowball meta.

Alexandra Avdey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

And then the Chinese meta destroys CLG.

Marcus Levithus

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Chang View Post
their excuse of a snowball meta was that teams are making less and less mistakes. how do you snowball if the enemy team doesnt make a mistake? thats one thing they cant grasp.
Ah, you caught that.

I did too. So true. I think that's what you really saw in the CLG V TSM series last night too. CLG was really not making many mistakes, the games, for the most part, were very close - but late-game team fights were on the side of CLG and I don't think it was because TSM played poorly. It's because they chose poorly at the start and their strategy was not as strong as they thought.

I'm curious to see what they will do at this point. Do they brush it off as an isolated incident of a team comp not working, or do they really look at new ways or old ways to beat teams like CLG, teams that don't need to rely on a team comp to win.