The mindset of TSM going into last nights series.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marcus Levithus

02-19-2012

They thought M5 revolutionized the meta. They lost to M5 at Kiev, how could that be, it must be because M5 ushered in a new playstle and character usage - snowball meta, shyvanna jungler and AD kennen(for example).

TSM for the past month has told everyone how good this new meta is, they have played it in scrims on a weekly basis, they have adopted it as their own ******* child. All the while CLG has told them the exact opposite, it is a cheap trick - and a one-trick pony at that. Easily countered and it was tried before with other teams, only successful until a good team learns how to counter it. This disagreement has led to quite a feud and some hostility between the two groups. Words have been spoken and written, by each faction, attacking each other and publically coming out against one another. These two teams consistently fight for what they think, is the top place in NA.

TSM's mind is now blown. All they have believed in and tested for the past month has been dissolved in a simple series of three. Back to the drawing board, but how much time do they really have. Hanover is just over the horizon, do they have time to reinvent themselves? What will happen to their snowball meta?

I am eager in anticipation.

Lincoln Burrows

02-19-2012

This meta is awesome. Don't you remember Mordekaiser + Garen at bot lane before it ?

The real reason why TSM lose, it's cause they think they are the best, and they stop playing by it.
They thought they can beat anyone without pressure and without trying hard, they also moved to EU just to have some competitive, but I guess it was better for them staying at NA. Cause out there, im pretty sure they aren't near the best.

Karnikula

02-19-2012

You're reading too much into it.

Marcus Levithus

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Burrows View Post
This meta is awesome. Don't you remember Mordekaiser + Garen at bot lane before it ?

The real reason why TSM lose, it's cause they think they are the best, and they stop playing by it.
They thought they can beat anyone without pressure and without trying hard, they also moved to EU just to have some competitive, but I guess it was better for them staying at NA. Cause out there, im pretty sure they aren't near the best.
Some of what you say it true. I think they were foolish in their "move" to EU, it netted them nothing but wasted time in the end. More NA teams form each month and we will no doubt have quite a few in the near future.

I do know double bruiser bottom lane is strong, they say it's the counter to AD/Support. But then why does no team run it.. Probably because where does your carry go? To mid? To get totally crapped on by an ap.. to top, so the jungle can just camp the carry and basically shut them down.. That's the thing with two bruisers bottom lane. Just isn't useful after laning phase.

190x7plus7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

It's cause gorrila Regi is too stubborn with his team, being the captain and all. He's supposed to be thinking of new ways to play, and how to deploy different strats that work in his team's favour (e.g. not making Oddone play aggressive jungler like Lee Sin or Shyv, not making TRM play AD Kennen top). Or even better yet, making them learn different heroes. Regi single-handedly made TSM get facerolled against CLG.

CLG have shown that they have the guts and brains to adapt to different strats at any given moment (e.g. AoE team centralised around pre-remake Sivir), and this is something that Regi has to learn, rather than copying a strat he has no idea about.

Marcus Levithus

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnikula View Post
You're reading too much into it.
I don't think so. They never ran Shyvanna jungle in a comptetive event prior to Kiev. They never ran AD kennen in a competitive event prior to Kiev. Ontop of that they never tried to run a snowball meta so hard prior to Kiev.

M5 beating them had more of an impact than you think, it changed how they played.. Because it hurt their ego so badly to lose to M5. That's why they stated M5 would be the top team to beat in 2012.

I think I'm right on point.

Marcus Levithus

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190x7plus7 View Post
It's cause gorrila Regi is too stubborn with his team, being the captain and all. He's supposed to be thinking of new ways to play, and how to deploy different strats that work in his team's favour (e.g. not making Oddone play aggressive jungler like Lee Sin or Shyv, not making TRM play AD Kennen top). Or even better yet, making them learn different heroes. Regi single-handedly made TSM get facerolled against CLG.

CLG have shown that they have the guts and brains to adapt to different strats at any given moment (e.g. AoE team centralised around pre-remake Sivir), and this is something that Regi has to learn, rather than copying a strat he has no idea about.
You are right as a whole, I don't think Reginald though is the only one making those choices for the team, but they didn't stream last nights series so I can't say.. But you are right! CLG has shown that they can adapt and play different strats when they are necessary.

As a whole, TSM needs to try to be more flexible like you said. Copying the strat of another team is NOT a sign of a top-level team. It's a sign of a team that doesn't really have confidence in what they can do.

I don't know how you think Reginald made all the calls last night, is that posted someplace?

190x7plus7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Levithus View Post
I don't know how you think Reginald made all the calls last night, is that posted someplace?
Watching some of TSM's scrims, Regi makes almost all the calls. While this may not be a problem some of the time, but when the whole team is kept mentally stabled (is that a word?) by only one person, this leads to problems in-game. For example, when M5 were heavy-counter jungling TSM, Regi still insisted on taking Oddone's wraith camp (who was extremely far behind). Also, when that one person is doing bad, it effects their judgement. When Regi's Sion was pretty much stale-mated by BFJJ's Anivia, it forced Regi to not play as aggressively as a Sion with boots of mobility should have, and led to many of TSM's players to be caught out by themself.

Sometimes, it can be frustrating having multiple people making calls (CLG have HSGG, SV and Chauster) and they may get into arguments, and they might lose games cause of it. But is losing games multiple times, at the benefit of no short and petty arguments worth it?

Koalafied

02-19-2012

their excuse of a snowball meta was that teams are making less and less mistakes. how do you snowball if the enemy team doesnt make a mistake? thats one thing they cant grasp.

Rage Engine

02-19-2012

What was their created meta?