"I'm glad they're nerfing Maokai, he's too easy for how strong he is" -saintvicious

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marred Steel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

And I agree with the poster who posited that he is getting nerfed to create desire for sej and naut- seems exactly like something riot would do.

Elegance SG

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITEMANINATANK View Post
O_O

Anyone else hear him say that on stream like 5 mins ago? Personally I don't think he's OP at all, his damage is low but he offers great CC and utility which is exactly how a well designed tank should be. Then again he's been getting banned in tournaments a lot recently...

Thoughts?
chu8 would like a word.

Ree Shin

02-19-2012

Remember when everyone thought Maokai sucked and the few people like me played him and were like "This guys strong LoL Community is dumb".

Slinkywheel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekasa View Post
While I agree with you, I think you should re-check his base damages. He does have the most powerful base damage skill in the game.
If they stand still.

It has 2 parts, both are dodge-able.

Ohbe

02-19-2012

Maokai walking up and pressing W followed up by a Q is as easy as it gets. Rammus has to avoid creep block and time his Q precisely.

That's what he probably meant by how much skill it takes to play Maokai.

Edit: Not to mention champions like Lee Sin and such who have to do all these fancy maneuvers where Maokai just doesn't.

Fivecrowns

02-19-2012

as far as base damages go, your sapling has to hit on initial throw, and explode to really be considered high damage. You can easily outrun the sapling, and if you lead your target, you won't get both parts of its damage. I don't understand if this is what you are complaining about.

As far as being an easy ganker, yes it is true, but his damage is lackluster, and only really offers disruption. You have to count on your team to burst your target while you knockback and root. If you build ap you aren't going to fulfill the tank role well.

my 2 cents

Grimwolff

02-19-2012

Was he making a dig at TheOddOne? Maokai nerfed = gg to TheOddOne who can seemingly only play Maokai lately.

Misentro

02-19-2012

Imo they just need to nerf the range and/or duration of his W, it's incredibly strong for a point-and-click.

cBenzie

02-19-2012

i have played Mao from day dot, when he came out he was a little up but was still a epic tank. then a streamer said that he was bad all of a sudden he was looked at like we look at eve, picking Mao was a blatant troll for no reason than a streamer thought that he was ****, even after a small buff to his stats. But riot to the rescue they kept on putting out new champs so ppl forgot about Mao been "bad" and i could play my main with out been abused. than we have a jungle change some smart cooky works out how to jungle Mao, now he is a good ban/pick. now we have a streamer saying he is op. Nothing about his dmg has changed why is he now op???. A Nerf to Mao may mean that he is no longer a viable solo top, so this will mean that Mao will be a jungler until riot put out a new champ that is better than Mao. That means with the current BS meta he will get stuck down as a 0cs bot congratulations Mao is totally broken. I don't want my main to become "troll pick" again because of some stupid streamer that thinks he is op.

EbonyKnife

02-19-2012

im kinda just wondering where these nerfs have been confirmed?