"No Signal" from monitor at random intervals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ash of Pompeii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

I just built a brand new computer and I have been playing League with no problems for about a week, and suddenly I am having this issue. Sometimes I can play a full game and have no problem, but about half of the time (at random intervals, no set amount of time) my monitor will go black and say that it has no signal. The only way to get my signal back is by using the power button to shut down the computer.

I have spent hours on Google and have found that many people are having the same problem with League of Legends. It doesn't do this for any other game that I play.

Things that I know are NOT causing the problem:
- The cord from my graphics card to my monitor (I've used both a brand new HDMI cable and a brand new DVI cable, both of them had this issue).
- Overheating (I run Speedfan and monitor the temperatures, nothing is overheating. Plus, I play Crysis 2 on extreme for extended periods of time and have no issue.)
- Anything to do with my computer parts (Again, I am not having this problem in any other game than League of Legends, and I play games that are much more graphically demanding).

I am running the game on my desktop's native resolution and I have tried lowering the resolution to no avail.

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
8 GB DDR3 Ram
Intel i5-2400 Quad Core Processor
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1 GB Graphics Card

If anyone that has had this problem found a solution, I would be incredibly grateful.

EDIT// I am noticing that most people I come across with this issue have an ATI card as opposed to an NVIDIA card. Could it be a compatibility issue with ATI cards causing the problem?

Ash of Pompeii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

Bump. Still looking to get this fixed. I also know that it is not the drivers, as I have the latest drivers for my video card.

XDogg

02-27-2012

Your not alone i have this problem too... I thought it was a power issue but then i thought wait it happends mostly always in LOL no other game.. . so perhaps its LOL doing it. screen freezes then goes black then comes back on... weird... I think before i had nvidia crashes in league and reinstalling league helped but now not sure.

I got

Amd Phenom II x4 965 3.40ghz
Evga Nvidia 580 gtx
16 gigs of ddr3 Ram
Asus m4a78t-e motherboard

SouLCollectR

02-27-2012

This happened to me as well sometimes. Along with the effin lag that they give me with no fix up to now.

Finic

02-28-2012

This also happens to me. I don't keep track, but I'd say once out of every 5 to 10 games my monitor "loses signal" though I can still hear audio in the background. I have to quickly turn the computer off and back on and log in again. I'm afraid to ever play ranked partly for this reason. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Intel i5-2400
ASRock Z68 PRO3 motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600
Radeon HD 6850 (recent drivers)

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-28-2012

Lemme look into this. Can I have all of you attach your DxDiag reports.

Finic

03-05-2012

I notice my hardware is strikingly similar to the OP. Off-topic, but is there a way to tell when someone replies to you? You posted just minutes after me, but I just now thought to check back, a week later.

Finic

03-05-2012

bump

Finic

03-06-2012

bump

Sh0ck And Awe

03-07-2012

also having this problem. i lost about 3 ranked games so far. games that i was winning.
so annoying.