Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voxom

02-18-2012

I've had most success with Fratmas to nashors. Didnt get to try a trinity yet.

How do you build him?

Kiddalee

02-19-2012

I don't get the Nashor's thing.

Zulgaines

02-19-2012

wits end and counter build tanky gives lots of damage and survivability. I also like getting a Ry's if the game gives me time.

tacomasterog

02-19-2012

Question since i just started playing shen, is it viable for him go pure ap? I was thinking something like cd boots or sorcerer boots then deathcap into ralyias and nashors or lichbane

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

Rush a giant's belt, then build mr/armor. Then more mr/armor. Then more mr/armor. Moar mr/armor. Don't go for damage, you're a tank. Not one of those god****ed tanky dps.

Become immortal, and defend towers all day long.

MMKH

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
Rush a giant's belt, then build mr/armor. Then more mr/armor. Then more mr/armor. Moar mr/armor. Don't go for damage, you're a tank. Not one of those god****ed tanky dps.

Become immortal, and defend towers all day long.
Actually, I would opt for some Wit's End and Ionic Spark on top of Thornmail, Sunfire Cape, Rylai's, etc. You need some damage to be useful in a team fight and create enough threat to get focused. Sitting on a tower and defending it all day won't be very useful against a smart team who will just 5-man gank or cap another point.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Tanky attack speed items are very good on Shen because of his passive. I kinda get why you'd want to get Nashor's even though the mana regen is completely useless, but honestly, I don't think his energy income is high enough to support that much CDR.

Kiddalee

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomasterog View Post
Question since i just started playing shen, is it viable for him go pure ap? I was thinking something like cd boots or sorcerer boots then deathcap into ralyias and nashors or lichbane
I don't know much about Shen, but one thing I do know: shields and taunts don't use magic penetration. Do not get Sorcerer's Shoes.

Rebonack

02-20-2012

I've had some pretty solid success with (defense boots based on enemy team) Aegis, Ionic Spark, and Mallet on Shen of late. Shen does great with a bit of attack speed now considering that his passive can deal damage not terribly dissimilar to what Jax' Ult puts out if you build him right.

You can build him pure tank. But that means even a smidge of magic resist will make you totally ignorable.

GrignardTS

02-20-2012

Frozen Mallet > Ryalis

Start giants belt into boots (merc, tabi)
Build Mr and Armor (Witts End, Omen, Sunfire)
Finish Mallet.

Honestly, damage is so sick with only Witts, Mallet, and I personally use hybrid pen marks and quints.